Kings Mountain, NC Piano Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio Piano lessons? Our Kings Mountain teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Easily search and compare teachers in your area, including past student reviews and background checks.
If you're not completely satisfied, we'll help you find a new teacher or refund any unused lesson credits.
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
Learn Video Game, Anime or Classical Piano!
It is my goal to develop in each of my students a comprehensive understanding of music which enables them to play the piano with utmost enjoyment and musicality. Quality piano instruction is achieved through focused private lessons. Although with many students I emphasize classical repertoire, it really doesn't work with every student. Each student's curriculum is ALWAYS tailored to their interests and goals. I find encouragement is absolutely necessary but students must try their best. My teaching style consists of a fun, relaxed environment where students can feel like they can express themselves fully and learn much at the same time. Mastery at the piano is so much more than learning to press the right keys at the right time. Music is about expressing and sharing human emotions and feelings that are unspoken and is something we can all be touched by.
I have been teaching Children and Adult students for 7 years. People aren't' intimidated when I'm around and I believe students benefit greatly when they are comfortable with the teacher and can feel natural around them. The teaching process is most successful when the students share their ideas, disagreements, goals; when th
I am very laid back and love to laugh, but I do expect the students to be prepared and practice, this way they benefit the most from each teaching session. I believe students should be involved in their curriculum, so I encourage all to bring in pieces THEY WANT to play because this will make the learning process overall more fun and enjoyable. My trust is, if you practice regularly you can accomplish much in a short period of time. Whatever you put into learning piano, is what you will get out, whether great or small.
- Modern Japanese Classical : Yoko Shimamura, Nobuo Uematsu ...
(Video Game and Anime)
- Classical : Joplin, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff ...
- Italian Technique Training
· Piano · In studio
Well it is our 1st visit to Sabrina and we are so happy with her and came across her Mom. All are nice. May'll continue attending to Sabrina for her Piano Lesson at the same time next week...i.e., Thursday 4 pm.
Thanks. ( This is Myo, May's grandpa )
· Piano · Online
· Piano · Online
View Full Profile
Experienced piano teacher of 15 years available for eager students of all experience levels and ages! I structure my lessons so students learn what they want to learn, while also building a strong foundation in rhythm, reading, style and performance skills. I specialize in pop, gospel, jazz and classical, typically use methods books for beginners, and also use materials that experienced students already have. (No need to buy all new stuff if you like what you have.)
If you can recognize your favorite song when you hear it, you already have what it takes to be a great musician!
MY PROMISE TO YOU:
1. Your lesson will always be geared toward what YOU want to learn, and if it seems like we are working on something that doesn't match that, I will always take the time to make clear why what we are doing will have you be able to play what you want.
2. You already have every skill you need to be a great performer, and my job is just to steer the ship in the right direction to have that happen. All I am ever doing in a lesson is making sure that we are moving you in the ultimate direction that you want to be going musically.
3. I will do everything I know how to do to make sure that what I have learned that will benefit you becomes something you have mastered. If I could take th
4.If I say something that isn't clear, or isn't useful to you, I will ALWAYS re-explain, or say it a different way, until it is useful to you and something you know how to use for your benefit on your instrument.
5. If you have a practice schedule set up with me, and for any reason you do not have time to practice or get an assignment done, I GOT IT! You can always tell me, because I've been there and I know. Music Lessons are NOT school, and I will never act like they are.
OK, now for the credentials:
I learned how to read music at 4 years old, before I had even learned to read English. If I can do that, anyone can do that given the right set of elements.
1. I started singing at three, piano lessons at nine, began teaching myself guitar at twelve and I have never stopped playing and learning since then.
2. I earned a B.A in Music from Towson University and graduated Magna cum Laude with a Major in Jazz/Commercial Piano Performance and a Minor in Opera.
3. I made my stage performing debut in a solo role at six, and I have never stopped performing since then. I wrote my first song, all by myself, at eleven and have composed over 1000 pieces since then.
4. I have studied brain science and practical neurology for fifteen years as part of my continuing education.
In addition to my extensive study of the piano, I have had many other valuable experiences as a musician and teacher, including but not limited to the following:
1. I have been a choral singer for twenty three years, and during that time toured Italy, sang at St. Martin of Tours Church in Los Angeles for fifteen of those years, and worked on mastering just about every form of sacred choral and gospel music.
2. As a soloist, began performing professionally in 1988 and have done numerous performances of my own compositions around Southern California. I also have had songs of mine pitched to major artists in Nashville and currently compose both contemporary music and feature songs for film and television.
3. I developed a method of curing tone deafness, and authored a course that teaches this to anyone whether they are a trained singer or beginner. I also authored a second course specifically for karaoke singers to learn stage presence and better performance skills.
4. I have been teaching for twenty years, working with students from 3 to 78 years old at every level of musical experience. I have taught not only music performing and instrumental technique, but song-writing, arranging, and the tricky task of singing while playing an instrument to accompany one's self. Believe me, this is a skill that DOES take a separate set of lessons to master, but every student who studies it with me does!
In short, if it's music, or even music-related, I've done it and I can teach it and I can figure out the best method to have your brain master it!
Working with kids and young people in a SAFE environment to learn their instrument
Rhythm, and understanding why it is your ticket to musical mastery
How to use your own brain to be your own best teacher (when I'm not there in a lesson with you!)
Pop, Classical, Gospel, Rock, Musical Theater,
B. A. Music
piano, voice, guitar, music theory, song writing/composition, arranging
*** Lesson Details ***
Your BRAIN is your greatest musical asset, and I have spent the past twenty-five years learning how to make the musical brain easy for everyone.
I've been a musician since I was in the cradle, and I
learned to read music before I could read English! Over the past twenty years of teaching piano, voice and guitar I have learned how to use your brain, and the basic musical skills you ALREADY have to help you turn yourself into a great musician and performer.
If you can tap your foot along with a song, and you can recognize Mary Had a Little Lamb, you've got what it takes. My specialty is taking these simple skills you already have and using them to teach you EVERYTHING you want to know how to do on your instrument. I also teach combined
lessons so that you can learn more than one instrument in your course of study if that is what you choose.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Student provides piano in their home for piano lessons. Voice students provide a recording device to record their lesson for their practice. Guitar students provide their guitar, any amps, cables, anything else they need for their rig. All students provide any CD's or mp3's they are working with during study. They pay for all books needed.
*** Specialties ***
Beginner level through advanced in kid songs, pop, rock, gospel, contemporary Christian, Broadway and classical. Emphasis on rhythm and technique. Lessons specialize in using knowledge of brain neuroscience practical applications in hearing, learning, reading, practicing and performing music.
· Guitar · In home
· Piano · In home
I am so grateful we have her as my daughters teacher .
· Singing · In home
View Full Profile
Will evaluate student's level of play, past instruction, and music materials. Instruction is then guided to enhance skill areas, such as reading, playing technique, theory, musicality, practice habits, to advance the student from their current level. I believe in teaching thru selection of songs that the student likes.
Expertise with many styles of music; including classical, jazz, gospel, liturgical, Broadway shows, Popular.
My lessons emphasize training / guidance in the areas: Theory, Sight reading, Ear training, Piano technique, Song playing, at all student levels .
I Like to make music FUN !
· Piano · In home
I have been teaching introductory/beginning piano for 3 years now. Beginning students have the option to focus on music theory, pop "keys" (chords to sing over), or basic piano skills. I have taught beginners aged 4-adult.
My personal training is primarily in classical, and I have a Master's degree in classical voice/opera from Boston Conservatory at Berklee. However, I also actively sing pop, musical theater, and even heavy metal!
Singing can be challenging, and while I work with the student intensely to diagnose and fix vocal issues, it is very important to me that the student feels happy and confident. I encourage students to express their creativity by singing in styles that they feel comfortable with, choosing their own songs, and even adding their own riffs/runs/ornamentations.
I like to place a heavy focus on music theory and sight-singing (I
I accept beginning-intermediate singers of all ages. I additionally offer music theory, sight-singing, and diction lessons as well as beginner/introductory piano.
· Singing · Online
· Vocal Training · In studio
· Singing · In studio
View Full Profile
I have been teaching piano for about 6 years, and over that time had 15 students. They were all completely new to the piano (and music in general) but throughout the lessons learned to play music in church, and just for fun at home! I love being able to take a completely new student who is willing to learn, and watch him/her learn to play and even enjoy (yes, enjoy ;) playing the piano.
· Piano · In studio
· Piano · In home
· Piano · In studio
Experienced teacher of 7 years. I work with with all ages and levels of ability. I have a methodic curriculum which includes technique, music theory, and performance practice. I am equally comfortable teaching piano, voice, organ, and harpsichord. I hold undergraduate and graduate degrees from the Cleveland Institute of Music and I am a graduate of the Interlochen Arts Academy. My lessons are engaging and motivating, I hope to hear from you soon!
I am a graduate of the Interlochen Arts Academy and I hold undergraduate and graduate degrees from the Cleveland Institute of Music. I am equally comfortable teaching piano, voice, organ and harpsichord. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
· Piano · In home
· Classical Piano · In studio
I aim to help students establish a solid musical foundation! If we work together, in the beginning I will present and teach a lot of information, but over time you become more comfortable and confident, and I am there to spot and support you as you grow more advanced.
As far as logistics, I would meet you at your home. If you have your own piano, awesome! If not, I will bring along my keyboard. My schedule is flexible (for the summer I am free during the daytime), so just reach out and connect and we'll see if we can get something set up!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Free Piano Lessons with an Expert Teacher
Learn how to play the piano in these video tutorials from a professional piano teacher!
Have you always wanted to play the piano? We’re here to help! Get started with these 20 video tutorials hosted by San Diego, CA piano teacher Jordan M, one of our expert instructors with TakeLessons.com. In this free video series, you’ll get an introduction to the instrument and learn a few easy exercises to get you reading music and understanding rhythm!
Sign up below to get free access to all 20 videos in the piano lesson series!
Explore the exciting world of education through gamification. See how and why it works on kids and adults for improved retention, knowledge, and more in this guest post from our friends at JoyTunes... How many students have been scolded by parents to put their video game away and get their homework done? Its been a common household quarrel for decades, but kids across the globe are finally celebrating the new data that supports gamification as a means of advanced education and learning. … Read More