- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am an experienced, enthusiastic music instructor, who started playing piano around 8 years of age and participated in many musical activities. I received my Bachelor of Music Education from the University of Massachusetts, majoring in Music Education (voice and piano). I have appeared around the world as a soloist singing jazz and pop, including the Blue Note, NYC, and appeared as a guest soloist at the 2000 Southern California Summer Special Olympics. I also participated in ensemble groups such as the Masterworks Chorale in NYC, and the Verdi Opera Chorus of Southern California; and currently I volunteer at the Senior Center leading/accompanying the Sing-Alongs.
Inspired by my love of music, I have been teaching piano and voice for over 25 years from NY to LA and now Orange County. In conjunction with my teaching skills, I have excellent communication skills, patience and enthusiasm, and work well with children and all ages. I feel that music is an important part of education, and it aids in the development of cognitive and motor skills. And most of all, it is fun and rewarding, and a skill to last a lifetime!
Steve heads a band varying in size depending on the client's need. Our music genre is basically jazz/pop. We perform throughout the Orange County area.
I have been teaching private voice and piano lessons for over 25 years; and have also taught keyboard in a classroom environment for an after school music program,
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Classical Voice · In home I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Amber and working with her today. I was immediately put at ease - Amber made me feel welcome, accepted and was incredibly helpful to me today, as I am auditioning on Sunday to sing as a soloist at my church! I have great exercises to strengthen my diaphragm, and she gave really good instruction regarding how to get the correct sound for each voice range. I am looking forward to meeting with her again, and continuing my studies under Amber.
· Vocal Training · In home Amber met me at her door with a smile on her face although I was much too early due to my over active excitement at arriving for my first lesson. Her first words to me were, "I'm so proud of you." That was a complement connected to my age of 83. I could have hugged her. Our lesson consisted of warming up my vocal cords after a long period of not singing. It was noted because of my hearing loss, that I was having trouble pitch wise and this would be something for me to work on besides my breathing. Amber's lesson was exactly what I needed and I can't wait for my next lesson.
· Singing · In studio Amber is an excellent teacher and lovely person!!!!!
· Singing · In studio Kind, lovely voice, happy. Awesome combination for voice teacher.
· Singing · In studio Amber is warm, kind, and happy. She's lovely with the children. They had a great time with her. They're very excited to see her again next Monday. Thanks Amber.
· Singing · In studio Love Amber!
· Singing · In studio She's a great teacher! Very informative. I feel that my singing has improved!
· Piano · In home Mrs. Chiang is a wonderful piano teacher- she always answers my questions in a way that I am able to easily understand. I love how she always makes sure that I fully understand the concept and the basics of what we are learning. She also focuses on important factors on piano playing- for example, the dynamics! She also helps me get what I need to learn something; she got me a scale book because I really wanted to start learning all the different scales. After our lessons, I feel motivated to practice playing the piano even more because of what I learned. I am grateful to have Mrs. Chiang as my piano teacher!
· Piano · In home She is a very kind and jolly teacher whose main motive is to have the student learn. I always finish our lessons feeling very enlightened, and I'm very glad that I have Mrs. Chiang as a piano teacher!
· Classical Voice · In home Taking voice lesson with Amber is a real treat! While she is serious in teaching me how to sing correctly, how to interpret the music, she is also a lot of fun to work with. She would act to the music to show me the difference in singing a Broadway musical versus singing a classical Italian song. She teaches me how to pronounce English, Italian and Latin correctly. I really enjoy taking voice lesson from her.