- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Obtained an Associates in Arts at Butler County Community College, El Dorado, KS.
Obtained a Bachelors in Music Education from Wichita State University, Wichita, KS.
I'm an accomplished accompanist and vocalist, with 10 plus years of expertise. Currently, I’m a volunteer worship leader at church, for over 6 years; helping other musicians fulfill their ultimate potential through training and education. Collaborate with other musicians for worship opportunities and projects. Been able to facility vocal training, how to lead a worship experience and which instrumentation and vocal concepts to are appropriate.
Played piano at Von Maur, for 6 months where I utilized my piano skills to provide entertainment and guest requests.
Currently have many different music students, where each week we assess their strengths that fulfill their ultimate potential, through activities and diverse learning concepts.
*** Lesson Details ***
I believe that all musicians have the abilities to fulfill their ultimate potential; by assessing students learning styles, accessing community resources and just having fun learning musical concepts.
Curriculum examples that I would utilize for piano would be Adventures in Piano and Succeeding at the Piano. For the vocal students I utilize Exceptional Musicianship, created by Hal Leonard for accurate vocal techniques.
Within 3 months the students will have opportunities to demonstrate their musical abilities. I will provide opportunities for students to demonstrate musical expertise through recitals and other events.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Main Room: electric keyboard (full 88 keys), couch, TV, and a chair, book cases, parents can sit in the lesson (encouraged)
*** Travel Equipment ***
The expectation is that the students must have access to a piano and audio equipment for their success.
*** Specialties ***
The musical genres I'm an expert include Broadway, Show Choir, Faith-Based, Classical, Jazz, Pop, Performing Arts, Acting, Staging, Costuming, Props. I believe that students need to have access with various musical styles that will aid their musical abilities.
Play and select music for worship teams.
Provide education and help to other Musicians and Worship Leader.
· Piano · In home I highly recommend Andrew for piano instruction. He comes up with some very innovative teaching methods. Excellent with children. He teaches piano to one adult and one 9 year-old child in our family. We are very happy with his enthusiastic approach to music. He makes learning music theory and keyboard skills fun!
· Piano · In studio My son's very first piano was even better than I expected! He loves it! I think this is going to be one of the greatest loves in his life!
· Acting · In home Very nice, made my daughter feel very comfortable. She can't wait for her next lesson. She is very excited for future lessons and opportunities with Andrew.
· Piano · In studio Andrew is a great teacher and the lessons are always fun!
· Acting · In studio Andrew is knowledgeable and relaxing. There's no pressure, only teaching.
· Piano · In home Andrew is awesome.
· Singing · In home He workes very well with children of many different ages and connects with then in a relatable way. He comes up with many different methods of teaching and puts them into action. He thinks personally about the student and what their interests are. I recommend him as a great music teacher!
· Piano · In studio I'm usually very skeptical about reviews, but thought I would give Andrew a try. I signed my son up for piano lessons with Andrew, and I want to say that every good review written about Andrew was true and correct. Andrew showed amazing patience with my son and made the lessons fun and exciting. His passion, creativity, and excitement for music shows every time you meet with him. His knowledge of the subject and teaching skills are evident in the results shown forth in the progress of his students. I can verify through this experience that he's the real deal and knows his stuff. I don't have to drag my son to lessons, because he's always excited about going to learn new things from Mr. Andrew. I catch my son playing the piano on his own at home and composing songs at the age of 5. I would recommend anyone to go to Andrew Young for lessons whether you're a child, an adult, or have special needs. I am confident you will also enjoy the experience and learning you will gain from this amazing and talented man. Way to go, Andrew, you have my vote! :)
· Piano · In home Andrew is a WONDERFUL teacher. He is teaching both my daughter and I and we could not be more pleased with our experience with him. Our lessons with Andrew are always the highlight of our week. My daughter has so much fun playing the games he brings each time and we have both learned so much! He always keeps lessons exciting and educational. He's very patient and is full of positivity. I highly recommend him.
· Singing · In studio He's very flexible. I came into the lessons with a specific goal in mind, and he was very flexible, letting me work towards that goal. Andrew is very available whenever I need him, and he just has a great personality. We spend almost as much time laughing as we do singing in our lessons.