- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 4 to 90
Music Director of the Chicago Philharmonia Orchestra since 1985, Farobag has also served as Managing Director of the University of Chicago Performing Artists Series from 1989 through 2002 and principal conductor of its resident professional ensembles. A skilled interpreter of Baroque literature as well, Farobag continues in his capacity as Artistic Advisor to the Baroque Masterplayers, a virtuoso ensemble that concatenates period performance techniques with modern instruments thus creating a unique voice within the realm of 17th and 18th- century repertoire.
A double graduate of the Eastman School of Music and the University of Rochester, Farobag studied under Anastasia Jempelis, a pioneer of Suzuki violin pedagogy in the United States. In addition to the Suzuki curriculum, he is also associated with the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program that sets a national standard of musical achievement in various fields.
Befitting his penchant for encouraging artistic interest amongst younger members of his community, Farobag is also the principal conductor of the Zoroastrian Symphony Orchestra that offers a unique mixture of young and seasoned professionals sitting side-by-side in a strictly professional setting. Since the year 2000, the ZSO has staged highly successful performances at various venues in Houston, Chicago, and Toronto. A New Year's eve performance in Los Angeles is scheduled for 2014.
Having also taken graduate-level coursework in educational psychology, mathematics, and philosophy at the University of Chicago, Farobag offers tutelage in various areas of elementary and secondary education as well as in SAT, ACT and GRE test preparation.
Additionally, as a certified Reiki Master, therapeutic and/or educational sessions are also extended to those who may be inclined to alternative healing techniques.
*** Lesson Details ***
Sheer technique is necessary but insufficient to play an instrument well. Aural skills, that include the study of functional tonality and voice-leading are important factors that impart musicality. This is of great import if the prospective musician wants the audience to truly enjoy his or her performance !
Whether it be the 3 Rs or preparation in the performing arts, a remarkable instructor must go well beyond the subject matter at hand and help imbue the student with a spirit of wonder that, in due time, will foster enthusiasm necessary for excellence.
A child emulates and learns to communicate in his or her mother-tongue through a supporting and nurturing environment. Likewise, a student needs to be sufficiently motivated to embrace learning in a familiar supportive manner.
*** Studio Equipment ***
The In-Studio lesson take place in the living room. Driveway parking. No pets.
*** Travel Equipment ***
None; I do expect a reasonably good piano / keyboard at a student's home.
*** Specialties ***
Traditional and Suzuki-based education. Performance and musicality training is open to all instrumentalists.
Classical Energy, Triton Sound, TS 8501
Salut D'Amour, Triton Sound, TS 9014
Epiphanies1, The Halford Company
Instruction in piano, violin and voice in Orland Park and Frankfort locations.
Taught a variety of mathematics courses from pre-algebra, algebra,and geometry.
Quarterly journal on Zoroastrian culture and history disseminated throughout the world.
Teaching Assistant in Calculus, Statistics, and accompanist for voice classes at the Eastman School of Music.
Series 7 (general securities representative)
Series 24 (general securities principal)
Series 53 (municipal securities principal)
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
· Singing · In home I have had the pleasure of taking vocal lessons from Mr. Cooper for about 2 years now, as well as starting Suzuki piano not too long ago. He is a gifted teacher who truly has a passion for teaching and love for music! Not only has he improved my aural skills, but he has helped me understand music on a much deeper level! My knowledge of technique and overall musicianship has improved drastically while taking lessons with him. Mr. Cooper has challenged me and broadened my musical horizons. He has helped me advance and learn new technique on the piano, as well as expanding my vocal range and performance skills. I would highly recommend him!
· Algebra · In home Excellent teacher he is
· Singing · In home This was my first lesson. Farobag exceeded my expectations. Very patient and positive. Helped to calm my nerves and encouraged me to stretch myself. Looking forward to our next lesson. I would definitely recommend him!
· Piano · In studio Max says "I had too much FUN " !!!!!!!!!
· Piano · In studio I truly feel Mr. Farobag is one of the best-kept secrets in the south suburbs . He is an AMAZING teacher who shares his knowledge and passion for music with his students. My daughter has been taking lessons for 5 months, and we are very pleased with her progression. I would highly recommend Mr. Farobag to students of all ages.
· Piano · In studio Very nice first lesson.
· Violin · In studio He is very intelligent about teaching music.Wonderful teacher listen and learn he has alot to offer .
· Piano · In home Mr. Farobag has taught our boys the piano and violin utilizing the Suzuki method. He is a true gentleman and an amazing teacher. I cannot say enough about him. We have had several instructors and Mr. Farobag far exceeds our expectations. We are very lucky to have found him. Mr. Farobag understands the pace of each child and knows how to motivate the student to exceed his expectations. Hiring Farobag has not only given us a superb instructor but a great teacher as well. He is very intelligent and kind and his lessons can be applied far beyond the keys of the piano. My kids always look forward to seeing Mr. Farobag.
· Classical Piano · In studio Both my daughters age 7 and age 10 have been taking lessons with Mr. Cooper for almost 2 years. We cannot say enough good things about him. Specifically, my older daughter has had 3 other teachers before Mr. Cooper, but has progressed leaps and bounds since starting with Mr. Cooper. He is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and a perfectionist, and I find that my daughters are always eager to go to lessons, and more importantly to practice throughout the week!
· Singing · In studio Fantastic Teacher!! I started singing lessons 3 weeks ago and extremely happy with Mr.Cooper. He is very knowledgeable and patient!! I highly recommend him if you are thinking about taking lessons!!