Nicole began her musical journey in Long Island, New York when she began piano lessons at age five. While receiving training on piano, she joined her elementary school orchestra in the 3rd grade and quickly soared with violin. During this period, Nicole began learning music theory and the art of reading music. As a fourth grader, Nicole would go on to conduct and tune every instrument in her orchestra during rehearsal. She always competed and won many NYSMA competitions for violin while attending music seminars and workshops. It was then that her teacher realized she had a gift. Nicole continued with piano lessons and began teaching herself guitar. Later, after college, she bought herself a drum set and began to teach herself drums.
As an adult, Nicole studied to become an elementary teacher and worked in the New York State School Districts for over five years. Shortly after receiving her master's degree for Literacy Education, Nicole decided to attempt to share her passion for music. In 2007, Nicole opened a music studio in Holbrook, New York. Here, she refined her music teaching skills while establishing Nicolex Inc. Music Island as a leading source of quality music education. Her summer traveling music program allowed her students to experience live performances as well as create music groups with peers with the same passion for music.
Nicole now resides in Clearwater, Florida with hopes to spread her business as well as the joy of music to children and adults. She currently is the drummer for a local original rock band. In this band, Nicole writes songs, sings, plays piano, and drums (not all at the same time). Needless to say, she understands the importance that music has had in her life and wishes to ignite that passion in other music lovers.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching style is best labeled as kind but firm. I take my job very seriously and want wholeheartedly for my students to have music as a part of their life, not just a part of their day. I love to laugh and have fun but I will definitely expect my students to practice and complete any homework I assign and be prepared for the following lesson. Simply stated, music is fun and the love of my life, but if I still practice, you will as well. Otherwise, I always believe in teaching songs my students are interested in and will expand their musical skills. My experience as a public school teacher had enhanced my sense of finding individual needs of every student. Therefore, I always differentiate lessons to suit my students interest while teaching them the foundations every musician needs in order to be successful. My specialty is teaching a variety of instruments. I play drums, guitar, bass, piano, and sing as well. So, if one instrument is not for you, I can teach you something different without a problem. Long story short, friends, you are in good hands.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Full Service music room: Keyboard, Full drum kit, Electric Guitar with 30 watts Amp and Microphone/ vocal monitor.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can bring a 76 key Yahama YPG-235 Keyboard for your household to use for lessons for a small monthly rental fee. I have an Epiphone Electric Guitar with 30w amplifier. Will also bring microphone and monitor for vocal lessons.
*** Specialties ***
I have taught mostly Rock, Blues, and Classical genres for Piano, Guitar, Drums. Vocally, I specialize in R&B, Broadway, Pop, Top 100 and alternative/Hard Rock. I will adapt to your needs.
Providing music instruction for Piano, Drums, Guitar, and Vocal lessons for ages 5-99. All levels in-studio and traveling to students homes.
Provided group music Instruction for piano, guitar, and percussion.
Music Island began as a retail Music Store in Holbrook, NY. Music Island was a comfortable and engaging music education facility. We provided music lessons for piano, drums, guitar, and vocal lessons as well as after school care and summer music programs.
Successfully completed the objectives and skills evaluations in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Program.
The non-profit Early Childhood Music & Movement Association (ECMMA) believes appropriate, purposeful music and movement experiences enhance early childhood development and seeks to support early childhood music and movement practitioners by providing resources, advocacy, professional development, and collaboration opportunities.
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Guitar · In home Nicole was patient but not a real positive attitude. We had a hard time warming up to her. She also always seem to cut our 30 minute lesson 5 minutes short which over the 5 weeks cost us 25 minutes of lost lesson time and I don't feel like my son is any further ahead than when he first started.
· Singing · In studio Nicole is fantastic. She helped me increase my range and control. She tailors your lessons based on what you want to work on and your skill level. She's very professional and I highly recommend her. 4 Horns Up! \m/ \m/
· Ukulele · In home Nicole is a great teacher, profession, patient and positive"
· Drum · In studio Nicole rocks! (Literally) Awesome teacher, makes learning fun and inspires confidence. Knows how to introduce new concepts really well and makes sure you are progressing. So glad to be taking lessons with her!
· Ukulele · In home My daughter is 13 and recently started taking Ukulele lessons with Nicole. She just LOVES her. Nicole has a terrific connection with kids and is very patient, but at the same time is able to keep pushing them ahead and doesn't allow them to stagnate. We couldn't be more pleased with the training and guidance that she has provided. Also, she has been very flexible with us when we have had to change practice times due to hectic schedules and she has NEVER been late.
· Piano · In home She was very welcoming and my daughter really enjoyed the class.
· Singing · In studio Angel enjoyed her first lesson. Is excited for more
· Singing · In home Nicole is absolutely amazing! My voice and my confidence has improved. Very knowledgeable and she will get you to your goal! I will continue to have her as my vocal instructor.
· Guitar · In studio Very professional, got right into it.
· Singing · In home My daughter looks forward to her lessons with Nicole all week! She loves her and has gained so much confidence with her singing!