We'll match you with the perfect teacher, wherever you are.
Your style. Your pace. Feel like a star with custom plans designed for you.
We're here to make sure you're thrilled. Can you feel the love?
1. Come eager to learn, not eager to talk about your life story. A lot of students go to lessons and talk a lot. You don't want to do that, you will miss out on the instructions and performance philosophies that you need from her. Listen more than you talk.
2. Come with clear objectives. If you don't have them, spend time with her developing those objectives. She is an objective oriented person when it comes to teaching, be an objective oriented student.
3. She has really competitive prices for her teaching quality. The hour is worth it.
4. Come with a lot of respect, she will give you a lot of respect if not more. She treated me almost like I was an old friend, and she is a really charming lady. Be nice to her : )
5. She is a really nice person and won't hurt your feelings. She has really good social awareness so you don't have to be afraid of that. If you can drop your ego at the door and take criticism, go ahead and ask her for that extra bit that you need to get you even further. Have some skin in the game.
6. Don't waste your time trying to figure out how good of a teacher she is during your lesson, you can read that stuff online. Come to her studio to get work done.
7. Ask questions that she can give quick answers to (it helps her know that you're hungry to learn). Bring something to write with."
Michael is a patient and passionate musician, which comes across in his teaching. As a beginner at guitar, I was nervous that I was
New Student Special:
Get Started Today and Save!
Up To $145 offShop the Sale
Expires: October 31st. Select teachers only.
We'll help you find the perfect music teacher.
Book your lesson package, connect in person or online.
Learning opens doors to a new world. Start your journey!
LESS TIME IN TRAFFIC.
MORE TIME TO LEARN.
Most Firestone teachers offer online lessons. Relax and focus on learning.
Average cost of online music lessons: $50Start Your Search
Actual cost depends on location, teacher and lesson packages.
By Madalyn Danielson
Having trouble learning chords on the ukulele? Here are some tips from ukulele teacher Willy M. that will help you master playing chords... Sometimes chords can be tricky to learn on any stringed instrument, and the ukulele is no exception. The good news is that with its nylon strings, a fewer number of strings, and a limited fret-board, learning ukulele chords is a little bit simpler than learning guitar chords. Nonetheless, there are still a few important things to keep in mind …More
By Megan L.
By Suzy S.
By Megan L.