Slingerlands, NY Violin Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio Violin lessons? Our Slingerlands teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Easily search and compare teachers in your area, including past student reviews and background checks.
If you're not completely satisfied, we'll help you find a new teacher or refund any unused lesson credits.
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
View Full Profile
I can help you with everything from traditional classical repertoire to modern world, folk, jazz, and improvisation. I like to focus on music theory and reading skills, in addition to developing musicality from the first lesson. I also play electric violin and can help you to set up virtual or analogue rigs to get the best sound.
As a teacher, Kathryn utilizes her training in and experience playing a diverse range of styles in her lessons. She has been teaching private lessons for 10 years and has al
· Viola · In studio
· Fiddle · Online
· Viola · Online
View Full Profile
Levels 1-10 MTAC Certificate of Merit, College Level Classical and Jazz
•9/1997 – Present San Lorenzo (CA) Unified School District Independent Music Teacher 9/1990 11/1997 St. Felicitas School San
Leandro, CA St. John School Fiat School of Music Music Unlimited San Lorenzo, CA Pinole, CA San Leandro, CA Provide individual and group music instruction to people from age 3 to 99. Deliver instruction based on Music Tea
Improvisation, Theory and Harmony lessons
• Listed in Who’s Who Among International Professional Educators. • Listed in Who’s Who in American Education • Listed in Who’s Who Among American Women • Listed in Who’s Who in America • Six Lessons published in • Recognition for Self-Assembly Method Instructional Design Theory • Published article in OnCUE, Journal of Computer Using Educators
• Krause Center of Innovation 2005-2006 EWYL Cohort Participant • Krause Center of Innovation 2006-2007 EWYL Fellows Participant • Iisme (Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education) Fellow 2004: Intranet Web Designer at Applied Materials using Macromedia Dreamweaver and Contribute • Alameda County Representative to the CTAP Technology Leadership Academy at the Alameda County Office of Education (2000). Co-leader of Staff Development Program for Grade 4-8 Technology Integration • Taught University of Phoenix class for Technology Integration • IMTC class teacher in FrontPage and MS Paint • Member San Lorenzo Unified School District Ed Tech Committee and Lorenzo Manor Elementary Ed Tech Committee. • Past District Web Page Coordinator and FrontPage Trainer • Participant in Intel Teach to the Future training • Provide opportunities for children to meet Technology Standards• Incorporate technology into the curriculum using desktops and wireless laptops, FL Studio, Cubasis VST 4.0, Music Ace, Band in a Box, Finale Notepad, Silver Burdett MIDI Connection, Windows Movie Maker, Microsoft Office Suite, recording and burning CDs, DVDs, etc. • Manage a High School Computer Music Lab. • MarcoPolo trainer.• Teach Music Technology classes after school for the Gifted and Talented (GATE Program).
• Member Music Educators National Conference • Member Technology Institute for Music Educators. Lesson plan published on their Web Site. • Member California Music Educators and present music technology sessions for educators at the Bay Section Conferences.
• Deliver instruction in the area of the curriculum pertaining to National and District Music Standards. • Create and implement lesson plans, rubrics and assessments. • Organize and produce Winter and Spring Concerts. • Experience working with children with challenging behaviors and disabilities (Special Day Class and Continuation School).
• Provide children with learning experiences that promote their cognitive, social and emotional development. • Experience in teaching students from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds. • Communicate with parents. Handle record-keeping of grades and attendance. • Work cooperatively with other education professionals.
• Organize and produce Winter and Spring Recitals, including County Recitals for the National Guild of Piano Teachers. Communicate with parents. Handle advertising and record-keeping of tuition payments. Vice-President of the Alameda County Branch of the Music Teachers Association of California. Attend Board meetings and plan guest speakers Licensed Kindermusik instructor for children ages 18 mos. to 7 years. Students chosen for State and County Honors Recitals. Listed in National Honor Roll, National Guild of Piano Teachers; Member Music Teachers National Association. Taught Undergraduate Musicianship class as a Graduate Assistant at Mills College.
•Professional Freelance Musician 9/1984 12/1995 Boston, MA; Bay Area, CA Performed own compositions and others works in various styles in innumerable local venues and clubs such as The Oakland Museum, Yerba Buena Gardens, The Valencia Café, Trans America Building, the Marriott Hotel, as well as in Las Vegas. She have performed with musicians such as Vijay Iyer, Anthony Braxton, MC
Hammer, Luciana Souza, Lloyd Nibbs (Skatalites), Fred Lonberg-Holm,
Andy Borger (Norah Jones), Stuart Popejoy, Aaron Stewart, Sheila
Sofian, William Calhoun (Living Color), Sean Kennerly (Samiam) and Joey Cheezhee. CD Recording on Curious Pogos Records:Frederick Lonberg Holms Theory of Motion. Composed music on Sheila Sofians Animations Faith and Patience and Secret Rage. Won 15 awards in International and National Film Festivals. Broadcast on WHYY TV12 and WYBE TV35 Educational Stations. Honorable Mention in Composition: City of Oakland Creative Arts Fellowship. Live Performances on KPFA, KNBR and KALX radio stations.
•EDUCATION Ph.D. in Education (10/2013). Specialization in Professional Studies Capella University Teaching Credential: K-12 Single Subject Music 8/1999 Chapman University GPA 3.9 US-CA-Concord Master of Fine Arts degree in Electronic Music and Recording Media with an emphasis in Composition 5/1992 Mills College GPA 3.64 US-CA-Oakland Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Composition and Arranging 5/1987 Berklee College of Music US-CA-Boston GPA 3.59 Cum Laude
*** Lesson Details ***
I am interested in teaching you what you need and want to learn so that you achieve your dreams. Please note that I only take serious students who will practice at least 30 minutes every day or 35 a day 6 days a week at home. I would like you to keep a log of how much you practice. This will enable you to make progress through the curriculum as you will be a beginner for the first 3.3 years, an intermediate for the next 3.3 years, and then an advanced student for 3.3 years. I will give you assignments to do over the week, and the next week we will go over them, learn something new and get new assignments. It takes 10,000 hours of practice to become an expert!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Currently I am converting my detached garage into a music studio with keyboard and instruments. There is a sitting room where parents can wait for their children. In the meantume, we will have lessons in my living/dining room.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Metronome, CD Boom Box
*** Specialties ***
Jazz, classical, popular, saxophone, composition, music, flute, clarinet, piano, violin, trumpet, trombone, french horn, tuba, baritone, oboe, songwriting, recording, children's music Composition
Reading and Notating Music
Music Software such as FL Studio, Band in a Box, Reason and GarageBand. Bring your laptop to lessons!
Minor Key Harmony
Extended and Secondary Dominants
Altered Dominant Scale
· Trumpet · In studio
· Violin · In studio
· Violin · In studio
View Full Profile
Experienced Music teacher of 8 years available for eager students of all experience levels and ages! I structure my lessons so students learn what they want to learn, while also building a strong foundation of their instrument and theory skills. I specialize in all styles. Typically, I use a variety of method books to pick from to meet the needs of the students. I also have many tools available to use during lessons.
My students have gone on to NYSSMA and on to college auditions successfully!
I love working with my students. Watching them succeed at what they do is what makes my day great. I always love to have a fun atmosphere around me and enjoy every minute it. Music is great for self expression a great Escape or an easy pass-time. It's nothing that should be stressful, but the opposite and that is what my lessons aim to do. Provide an educational, but fun and expressive learning experience to carry with you or your child throughout your lives.
· Saxophone · In studio
· Piano · In studio
· Violin · In studio
View Full Profile
As a music instructor, I am eager to cater to the needs of each individual child and to provide them with engaging musical experiences in supportive environments. I have previously provided violin, viola, and piano lessons to students of all ages both through Thompson Tutoring in Portage, Michigan and Reverb Lessons in Chicago, Illinois. I have approximately six years of private teaching experience.
In 2016, I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor's Degree in Viola Performance and Spanish. I am currently pursuing a Master's Degree in Viola Performance at Roosevelt University's Chicago College of Performing Arts. My performance experience includes both local and international venues. I have performed locally throughout the Southwest Michigan area, in orchestras such as the Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra. I have also performed internationally in St. Petersburg, Russia; Casalmaggiore, Italy; and Puebla, Mexico.
· Piano · In home
· Violin · In home
· Violin ·
View Full Profile
I am very passionate about teaching unique individuals in unique ways. I build my lessons around what you want to learn and how you learn most easily. I am very skilled in multiple different styles for the violin, classically trained my whole life, I was also trained by a Jazzmaster, Willie Ruff. I have been in a Celtic band, have played Hungarian / Russian "Gypsy" music and have played electric violin in rock and roll bands. So I can help you with any style you are interested in learning, and very dedicated to making it easy, fun, low-stress and enjoyable.
View Full Profile
I have experience with as both a self-taught and formally trained musician, and therefore understand both viewpoints. I have studied with Symphony Concertmasters from both China and Russia, as well as other violinists from the United States. I am only a handful of classes from earning a Bachelor's in Music Education, and have been playing for 17 years. I believe in learning music for the sake of music, and in helping students achieve their goals, whatever they may be, whether playing professionally, pursuing a more formal education, or learning something new, or just learning for the fun of it. I welcome students of all ages and experience levels!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!
When it comes to learning violin there are several different options. While in-person lessons are great for some, have you considered learning violin online? From violin tutorials to online lessons, Naomi Cherie S. breaks down 10 reasons you may want to learn violin online... A lot of non-musicians are surprised when I tell them that I offer violin classes online via video chat. At first, they don't know what to make of it, but when I explain that violin lessons online offer all the basic … Read More