Find Tutors in Antioch
Looking for private in-home or online tutoring? Our Antioch tutors are ready to get you started. Search today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
View Full Profile
He has directed instrumental music at Sunrise Community Church in Fair Oaks, CA, and directed the worship ministry at Escalon Covenant Church in Escalon, CA.
Aaron has been teaching private lessons since 2007, and has been teaching marching percussion at high schools since 2008. His students students have earned college music schola
Aaron has a broad range of musical experiences including performances in rock bands, R&B bands, drum corps, orchestras, chamber ensembles, jazz bands and combos, and many many more. He loves sharing this diverse musical background with his students.
As a timpanist and percussionist, Aaron has been an extra member of the Stockton Chorale Society Orchestra. As a drummer, Aaron has worked professionally in the pit at Magic Circle Theater company in Roseville, CA. As a bass guitarist, Aaron performed professionally with Sacramento area jazz guitarist Greg Perkins. As a guitarist, Aaron has led worship and played on worship teams.
Aaron also taught middle school English and Computer Applications in Stockton, CA, and has worked as a private tutor and substitute teacher of all subjects, K-12.
*** Lesson Details ***
More lesson times may be available. Please call if other arrangements are needed.**
-- The most important thing to know about lessons with Aaron is that you will receive a customized experience tailored to fit your musical desires and goals. He will work to understand your desires in music, and will use existing materials and generate new materials to challenge you and help them you reach your goals.
Some common goals Aaron has worked with are:
- Preparing for an Audition
- Starting a band with friends
- Learning music for a school band/percussion ensemble
- Personal enrichment/ better understanding of music
- Exploring career possibilities
- Improving technical ability
**** Aaron's guiding principles are: 1. Music is vitally useful and Important in society! Music brings joy to the multitude, and enhances expression for its artists.
2. Anyone can be a musician! Every student has unlimited potential, and it is Aaron's desire to unlock that potential, allowing my students to succeed in music.
3. Music should be fun! Too many instructors stick to the gritty business of method books. While this has its place, Aaron knows that it is only a small part of music. Music is meant to be fun, and Aaron makes the learning process fun and exciting at every stage by incorporating the interests of his students.
4. Hard work should always be rewarded! Aaron is always positive with his students and celebrates their accomplishments continually.
5. Music is what you make it! Whatever your desires and goals in music, Aaron will help you to achieve them. All musical aspirations are valid and valuable. Whether you want to be a rock star, a concert timpanist or just to make music with friends and family, he will equip you with the tools you need to get there.
6. Proper technique and musical knowledge empower musicians! Whatever your goals, starting with good technique and understanding the music you play will keep you from injury and promote your success.
7. Listening is vital to understanding music! Aaron's students listen to and analyze recordings of music they like to gain insight and understanding to how the music works. Aaron encourages his students to play along with recordings to work on the organic elements of music which cannot be gained from dry academic study. Guitarists will start with either an acoustic guitar or electric guitar & practice amp. They will also need a metronome, tuner, and notebook. They will learn to read music, tablature, and chord symbols, and they will learn to play melodies, riffs, and chords in the style(s) they prefer.
-- Bass Guitarists will start with a bass guitar and an amp. They will also need a metronome, tuner, and notebook. They will learn to read music and tablature and play bass grooves and solos in the style(s) they prefer. Drummers and percussionist will generally start with a pair of sticks and a practice pad, learning the basic techniques of drumming for the first 6-12 weeks, and will move on to drum set or percussion instruments as they demonstrate proper technique. They will also need a metronome and notebook. They will learn to read and play music in the style(s) they prefer.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Drums/Percussion: Drum Sets, Practice Pad, Vibraphone, Percussion Instruments, Music Stands.
Guitar: Practice Amp, Music Stands.
Bass: Bass Guitar Amp, Music Stands.
Recording: Microphones, Mic Stands, Clips and Cables, M-Audio Multitrack Interface, GarageBand 11, Studio Accessories.
*** Specialties ***
Jazz, Rock, Popular, Funk, Classical, Chamber Music, Gospel & Worship Music; Extended Cross Grip, Burton Grip, Stevens Grip, French Grip, German Grip; Drum Set, Timpani, Vibraphone, Marimba, Marching Snare Drum, Marching Tenor Drums, Cymbals, Triangle, Tambourine, Shakers, Congas, Cajon, Djembe.
Verified Student · Piano · In studio
Verified Student · Piano · In home
Verified Student · Drum · In studio
View Full Profile
Persida has been teaching private lessons since 2012. Since then, she has acquired experience in teaching learners of all ages in a variety of different levels of math. Persida is happy to add a cultural dimension to the language support, so she can teach English as a Second Language (ESL) too. She is currently available to teach lessons at your home, at her studio, and online.
Persida is a native Romanian speaker; born and raised in Romania. She has been living for 7 years in California and
Her passion is to help students achieve their full potential and become fulfilled with the abilities they were given, and for that, she is looking forward to start the journey of transformation in your life!
· · In home
· Math · In studio
· Math · In home
View Full Profile
View Full Profile
· Screenwriting · In home
Enjoy creating with a true creator.
Charles Van Loucks
· Creative Writing · In studio
· Screenwriting · Online
View Full Profile
I am a certified Yoga Nidra L1 teacher. This is a research-based transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry. Currently being utilized in VA hospitals, military bases, hospitals, clinics, hospice, homeless shelters, community programs and schools; research
Writing a paper for class? Lock down an "A" with these helpful tips from San Diego tutor Natalie S... Over the course of your academic career, you will be expected to write multiple papers that will span a number of different subjects and purposes. While there are many ways to write a paper, below are a few of the common mistakes to avoid that are true for all types of papers. 1) Create a strong thesis BEFORE you start writing the paper. Do not begin the writing process without a thesis s … Read More