Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Easily search and compare teachers in your area, including past student reviews and background checks.
If you're not completely satisfied, we'll help you find a new teacher or refund any unused lesson credits.
Beginner to intermediate students will learn to read music, basic theory, play individual melody lines and harmonic accompaniment (chords), strum patterns, picking patterns, and more.
The guitar is a popular musical instrument classified as a string instrument with anywhere from 4 to 18 strings, usually having 6. The sound is projected either acoustically or through electrical amplification (for an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar, respectively). It is typically played by strumming or plucking the strings with the right hand while fretting (or pressing against the fret) the strings with the left hand. The guitar is a type of chordophone, traditionally constructed from wood and strung with either gut, nylon or steel strings and distinguished from other chordophones by its construction and tuning. The modern guitar was preceded by the gittern, the vihuela, the four-course Renaissance guitar, and the five-course baroque guitar, all of which contributed to the development of the modern six-string instrument.
There are three main types of modern acoustic guitar: the classical guitar (nylon-string guitar), the steel-string acoustic guitar, and the archtop guitar.
Lessons are taught at YOUR HOME
Hi, my name is Pierre. I have enjoyed the music business for more than 30 years. My music education includes studies at the Swiss Jazz School in Switzerland and the Berklee College of Music in Boston.
I have been a music coach in Switzerland, in Los Angeles, in Long Beach, and since 2009 in the Mission Viejo area. During the 2009 / 2010 school year I was a music coach for the Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD) in South Orange County. I have also been a member of numerous groups, including Original bands, Top40, Tribute, Recording and Performing bands. Please do not hesitate to ask for references!
I teach students age 9 and up.
*** Lesson Details ***
Here is some information on what you can expect if you decide to take lessons with me:
You will start learning songs and play along with them within 3-5 lessons. After 3 months you will have knowledge of the basics. At the 6 month mark you will start to get comfortable ...
- I have been teaching Guitar for over 40 years
- I am proficient at both Acoustic & Electric Guitar playing
- I have performed and recorded with the Guitar professionally as both a solo artist and as the leader of and a sideman in several musical projects over the years
- I have performed at both private & public events for over 40 years and continue to do so to this day
- I specialize in the Americana, Blues, Country, Folk & Rock musical genres
- I possess a keen sense of pitch and rhythm and have been blessed with excellent ear
- I have a very strong Music Theory foundation, but, do not focus on "sight-reading", per se
- I currently lead my own band, the "KBCE", performing an eclectic mix of Celtic, Folk & Americana music
*** Lesson Details ***
- I tailor my Lesson Plan to your own unique abilities and interests
- I require that you provide your own Guitar along with a desire to learn and a willingness to practice
- I focus on ...
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!