Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Easily search and compare teachers in your area, including past student reviews and background checks.
If you're not completely satisfied, we'll help you find a new teacher or refund any unused lesson credits.
I have been playing bass guitar and performing it for over 20 years
I teach all styles of bass guitar and special techniques from funk slap bass to heavy-metal
Bass guitar students start with five subjects.
1) Technique is concerned with the development of the physical mechanics involved in playing the instrument.
2) Scales are part of the basic vocabulary and building blocks of the musical language.
3) Intervals are also basic vocabulary of the musical language and progress into chords, and yes, bass players think and play chords.
4) Note reading is not required for every student. It really depends on the student's goals. However, I strongly encourage learning to read musical notation, (more than tablature). Literacy in reading music is analogous to literacy in reading in our English language. Can you imagine how much smaller our world would be if we couldn't read?
5) Songs utilize the skills and concepts of all the previously mentioned subjects and are the goal of studying music. And by the way, they are really fun to play, especially when interacting with other musicians or performing for an audience.
These five ...
We're gonna play some grooves and HAVE FUN! I'm a professional musician and have been a performing bassist for over 20 years, and I hope to pass along some of my knowledge and expertise to you. I customize your lessons to your needs and what you want to do with your ability to play bass. I can prepare you for any genre as I include fundamentals (for example, scales and arpeggios) in your practice. I use these books for reference and/or lesson work:
- Hal Leonard's Bass Method-Books 1, 2 & 3 (Ed Friedland)
- Mel Bay's Deluxe Jazz & Rock Bass Method (Vincent Bredice)
I can help you learn how to play with a pick, how to "slap & pluck," how to sing and play simultaneously, and even how to sightread.
Whether you're just starting out or you want to take that next step to becoming a better bassist, I'm here to help!
I have been playing electric bass for about 6 years, primarily in a worship band setting. I've been an instructor for Worship Catalyst, teaching at camps in Arizona and California. If you're interest in learning some basic fundamentals, music theory, and improving your playing, then let's take a lesson together!
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!