August 3, 2019
Claudia is the best! She is patient, funny and kind in her teaching approach. And she knows her stuff. I have been trying to learn Spanish for a while now and I am finally really making progress thanks to Claudia. I highly recommend her. You won't be disappointed. You will learn how to speak Spanish!
I have been taking lessons from Claudia for almost four months and my experience with her has been outstanding. Claudia is an excellent teacher who takes her student's goals and truly makes them her own. When I told her that my goal was to learn Spanish to a conversational level, she described to me what I would need to do in order to obtain that goal.
Here's what I think makes Claudia unique:
* Carefully planned out teaching method. She has a carefully planned out method for teaching Spanish and uses quality materials. She has garnered the best materials and supplemented them with her own. She teaches Spanish in a logical sequence where each step includes material from the previous ones. This has helped me to reinforce the concepts I learned earlier.
* My lessons with her include a mix of grammar, speaking, and listening. It's much easier for me to understand written Spanish than to understand the spoken word or to speak it myself. Claudia makes a point in each lesson to practice speaking and listening to help with this. This has probably been the biggest help to me so far.
* She provides homework customized to my level so I can practice between sessions. Sometimes the homework is an audio recording that she has recorded herself especially for me. The fact that she does this shows how much she cares about her student's success.
* Her patience. She has to be the most patient person I've ever met. Sometimes it takes a while to get a concept or to understand, but she is always happy to repeat herself or slow down. There have been more than a few sessions where she has done this a lot!
* Her encouragement. Learning a new language can be frustrating at times but Claudia is always encouraging and celebrates even the smallest progress.
It seems like there are a lot of Spanish teachers out there who know how to speak Spanish, but I think there are very few who really know how to teach it. Obviously Claudia is a native speaker of Spanish, but she is also an expert teacher. I feel fortunate to have found her and have referred other students to her. I can't recommend her highly enough!
Claudia is an excellent teacher! I was looking for someone who not only speaks Spanish but is also a dedicated teacher and Claudia is the best! She clearly has a ton of experience with teaching and is passionate about helping people to learn Spanish. I have been studying with Claudia weekly for about 6 months and I am making great progress.