Woodcliff Lake Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Woodcliff Lake teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Schedule your lessons
Connect with your teacher
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I recommend him without reservation."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
I have taught private bass, guitar and ear training/harmony lessons since 1980.
My Performance Experience includes:
Bass and musical director at Murderers Row
Blue Man Group….Chapman Stick, bass guitar and talking drum from 1991 to present including performing on the Jay Leno Show in 1994; ongoing gigs as sideman and leader (bass, guitar, stick and voice) in NYC from 1981 to 2015
Tom S. Trio on fretless guitar - NY
Fretless Guitar Festival, 2006
Solo bass CD- Quixotic
Brillliant Coroners CD
Otis Ball and The Chains - I'm Gonna Love You Till I Don't;
Dumptruck For The Country CD
Music Learning (Theory)
Music Technology (MIDI and Digital Recording)
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a laid back, but focused instructor. I use a variety of methods to best improve my students strengths and lessen their weaknesses. After three to six months , most students will be comfortable playing in rhythm and understanding basic harmony.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the music room, guitar, electric bass, amps, computer with recording equipment, protools, logic and ableton live
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will bring a bass or guitar. They must have an instrument and some form of amplifier.
*** Specialties ***
· Guitar · In studio
· Guitar · In home
· Bass Guitar ·
Tom really knows his way around a bass. Each time I go for a lesson, i leave happy about the things we've accomplished in the lesson. Anything that i would like to learn Tom makes it possible for me to do so. I started getting lessons in order to not slow down on my playing. With my schedule constantly changing Tom has been very nice at accommodating when possible.
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Dance · In home
· English · In studio
· Piano · In studio
I am flexible, communicative, reliable, and able to travel to your home, teach in my Manhattan apartment, or over Skype.
· Spanish · In home
· Writing · In home
I am a highly qualified NYC-based Russian and English language teacher with a degree in linguistics/teaching and more than five years of experience. During the years of my teaching practice, I have developed several teaching methods, which I use in my classes. Together we will establish clear objectives for our lessons and will work on your grammar proficiency, listening and speaking skills, and accent neutrality.
I am a strict teacher :) Seriously. You have a goal and I am here to help you get there, whether it is to be able to negotiate with your business partners, speak to your family members or
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here using the "Ask a question" button. If you have already decided that you need to speak Russian or English, do not postpone it for another day, month or year. Click the green button and let's do it.
I am looking forward to starting our language journey!
P.S. You can see me in action on my YouTube channel "Anna Cher: Russian from the Heart": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3r_jGuhcb7D48Vh0pakNcA
Some technical aspects:
- All materials are provided and included into the price of a lesson
- Recommended frequency of lessons: minimum of 2 times per week (duration of each lesson – 1-1.5h). Learning a language is like going to the gym: to get the muscles, you have to practice regularly.
- If you would like to have a class at a specific time and it is not available in my calendar, please send me a message. I may be able to change some things around and accommodate your request.
- I try to be flexible and modify my schedule based on your needs. But please be considerate and let me know 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel a class.
· English · In studio
· Russian · Online
Looking forward to the next lesson
· Russian · In home
· French · In home
I have since then lived in Paris , Philadelphia and now New York.
He graduated from "Jean-Monnet European High-school" where I specialized in English and French Literature.
I have been teaching FRENCH and DRUMS for more than 12 years now.
About FRENCH LESSONS : ( section about DRUM LESSONS below )
Most people I've taught come to me saying "French is so hard , I will never be able to speak it" or "When I try to speak french, french people answer me in english"
--- THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH ME :)
French is easy , you just need a good teacher who cares about you.
I can help you with :
• Pronunciation ( so that nobody will answer you in English )
• What to know if you go to France soon ( so
• Basic to advanced conversation ( so you can make french friends and understand what they say )
• Train your ear
• Grammar / Vocabulary / Verbs
BUT DON'T WORRY , IT WILL BE FUN !
After the first lesson , ALL my students realize that learning french isn't scary anymore.
So : qui veut apprendre le français ?*
(*who wants to learn french?)
Section about DRUM LESSONS:
On the music side of my studies: I attended the American School of Modern Music of Paris for 3 years and moved to Philadelphia to study with Joe Morello's former student Sam Ruttenberg at the University of the Arts in 2012.
I perform as a professional jazz drummer between Europe and America.
IF YOU CAN SAY IT , YOU CAN PLAY IT !
•I teach beginners to advanced students , all ages and styles are welcome
I can teach you ( how to ) :
• play with other musicians
• the history of the drums
• your role as a drummer
• make music with an instrument that at first doesn't seem very musical
• latin / afro cuban grooves
• correct your grip on the sticks
and everything else you may ask... the possibilities and endless
· French · In studio
· French · Online
· French · In studio
· Chinese · Online
· Classical Piano · In studio
· Classical Voice · In studio
As a current faculty member of the New York Jazz Workshop, Andrea Veneziani is a dedicated educator. He has taught master classes at the National Institute of Music and the National University of Costa Rica, at the Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, Turkey and at the Olav Duun Videregående Skole in Namsos, Norway. He also served as an adjunct professor at New York University, where he graduated i
· Italian · In studio
In 2013 I gave up a longstanding career in Logistics and Imports to pursue my passion for fitness and education, and I have not looked back since. I enjoy helping others to learn and expand their horizons through language and movement. One of the reasons I became an ESL instructor is because I wanted to experience culture and diversity. I am truly blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity to impart my own knowledge while lear
· ESL · Online
Are you ready for a lesson in Italian grammar? Below, Italian teacher Liz T. breaks down the five most difficult Italian grammar rules... Learning Italian can be difficult, not to mention overwhelming for new students. Many students are afraid of tackling Italian grammar, as it can be complex and confusing at first. If you take the time to learn Italian grammar, however, you're much more likely to understand what you're actually saying, hearing, reading, and writing. Below, we break … Read More