Rahway Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Rahway teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
For the best experience, we typically recommend 60-minute language lessons. However, students looking for a more affordable option may want to consider a shorter lesson length of 45 or 30 minutes. On average, 45-minute language lessons are 14% less expensive at $65, and 30-minute lessons cost 27% less at $55.
Curious how much language lessons cost in your area? Do a quick search to get local prices for the best language teachers near Rahway.
I've taken many Spanish lessons that have ranged from various software programs to personal tutors. Vania is gre
She's also very accommodating, since I tend to change my schedule around a lot. She is always flexible to accommodate. Vania is simply great."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
He started his career in music by performing in many local bands and also working for game companies and movie OST in South Korea, after he got a degree in Music Composition and Education from Baekseok Arts University in Seoul in 2005. He found ‘Let Us Music Inc.’ and had worked as a studio engineer and a co-producer from 2003 to 2008.
He is a scholarship winner of Nyack College School of Music in NYC, where he studied music composition and singing. He performed as a choir member in many classical concerts; New York Philharmonic: PHILHARMONIC 360 at Park Avenue Armory, Requiem (Bradley Ellingboe) at Carnegie Hall and Nyack College Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center.
His band 'Almost an Orchestra', released an EP album in 2012. The band arranged performed music for Oc
· Guitar · In studio
· Korean · Online
· Korean · Online
I am a highly qualified NYC-based Russian and English language teacher with a degree in linguistics/teaching and more than five years of experience. During the years of my teaching practice, I have developed several teaching methods, which I use in my classes. Together we will establish clear objectives for our lessons and will work on your grammar proficiency, listening and speaking skills, and accent neutrality.
I am a strict teacher :) Seriously. You have a goal and I am here to help you get there, whether it is to be able to negotiate with your business partners, speak to your family members or
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here using the "Ask a question" button. If you have already decided that you need to speak Russian or English, do not postpone it for another day, month or year. Click the green button and let's do it.
I am looking forward to starting our language journey!
P.S. You can see me in action on my YouTube channel "Anna Cher: Russian from the Heart": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3r_jGuhcb7D48Vh0pakNcA
Some technical aspects:
- All materials are provided and included into the price of a lesson
- Recommended frequency of lessons: minimum of 2 times per week (duration of each lesson – 1-1.5h). Learning a language is like going to the gym: to get the muscles, you have to practice regularly.
- If you would like to have a class at a specific time and it is not available in my calendar, please send me a message. I may be able to change some things around and accommodate your request.
- I try to be flexible and modify my schedule based on your needs. But please be considerate and let me know 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel a class.
· English · In studio
· Russian · Online
Looking forward to the next lesson
· Russian · In home
· Danish · Online
· Swedish · Online
· Norwegian · Online
View Full Profile
If you choose to have classes at home, coffee will be provided :)
View Full Profile
View Full Profile
I am Shannon, age 24. My interest and profession in teaching Chinese stem from my experiences through elementary and secondary school. I was a multiple-winner of China's national oratory, debate and poem-recital competition; I also hosted big events and participated in plays. Therefore, I am very skilled in the Chinese Language on many levels. Looking for conservatory skills? Looking for professional communication? Looking for expression of language suitable for performances and acting? I can help you with almost anything related to the language, including its history and evolvement of Chinese character!
Prior to coming to New jersey, I mainly taught in California where I completed my college and also worked a few years as a teacher. I am currently a graduate student at Rutgers, seeking to continue my interest in teaching Chinese in
I am very patient, and I will do my best to create for you the best Hebrew experience!
View Full Profile
Intorally agree with you .
I'm native italian speaker born and raised in Italy.
I got my bachelor degree in Education from Roma 3 University in 2010.
Learning language means to learn about culture.
I have taught students of every age and with different needs between children who learn by playing games and adults who want to acquire a language for their different goals.
If you want to learn how to speak French, you probably already know that the best way to learn is by practicing speaking French. Books, apps, and audio programs are all great resources, but they are primarily teaching you passive comprehension skills. Being able to understand French and being able to say something in French are two distinct skills. Taking private French lessons is one of the best ways to practice speaking in French, and as a result, is is one of the best ways to learn to … Read More