Playa del Rey Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Playa del Rey teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Thank you so much!"
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
Let's work together...
*** Lesson Details ***
We'll cover music basic theory and the most part of your lesson will be the music you want to learn, saving a small portion of the time to repertoire that I consider will help you grow musically.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Sibelius, Logic, apple, Kala ukes, U-bass, vihuela, charango, piano, keyboard, accordion, acoustic and electric guitars, panflutes, boss fx, amps, mics, and more.
*** Travel Equipment ***
instruments and books needed
*** Specialties ***
mariachi, Catholic music, Andean music, Latin rhythms
· Accordion · In home
· Ukulele · Online
· Singing · In studio
· Meditation · Online
· Speaking Voice · Online
· Accent Reduction · Online
She diagnose my pronunciation problems and provided very useful tips to improve my pronunciaiton accuracy. These tips are really good take-home toolkit because I can practice my pronunciations anytime.
I am more confident in speaking English. Thank you!
I love learning languages in my spare time and practicing when I can. When I'm not looking a bit silly doing that, I'm usually reading, at a baseball game, hiking, or hanging out with friends. I keep active, making sure to run or climb a mountain when I can. However, it's equally as strong as my love for foods of all kinds.
I really look forward to getting to work with you and helping you with whatever I can!
· Mandarin · In studio
View Full Profile
If you are considering to learn Russian, I must say, you are a brave and adventurous person. It is a rather complicated language and you might have one of few purposes which will define the best method there to teach you:
1. If you plan to travel to St. Petersburg or Moscow, and need to pick up conversational Russian, we can certainly do that in needed period of time. We can practice dialogues, train comprehension skills, even work on your accent, if you wish!
2. If you have a business in Russia or any post-soviet countries and need Russian for negotiations, document translation purposes, simply for comprehension, we can build up the needed vocabulary and you are good to go!
3. If you are an intermediate student, and need to freshen up your Russian, maybe learn some specific grammar or industry related vocabu
4. If you are new to US, and need to improve your English for work or studies, we can work on grammar at your level, expand your vocabulary and work on conversational skills. I'm taking beginner to intermediate students. Step by step assistance with learning English is required when you are a beginner. From my experience of learning a foreign language, grammar of the language is usually best explained by a non-native speaker, who went through all the steps himself are and knows all the obstacles a learner can meet on the way of acquiring a new language.
5. As I'm learning French at the moment, and you are either French who wants to learn Russian, or you are just learning French – I have some suggestions and discounts to offer.
· Russian · In studio
View Full Profile
From beginners to professionals who want to learn and practice their Chinese don’t miss the chance!
I’m easy going, down to the earth. I started to teach Chinese in 2013 to the people aged 7 to 35 when I was in Beijing where I come from.
I’m sure this will be a fun and productive adventure with me while we study together and for you to make progress!
View Full Profile
I have been working and living in 4 different countries through which I have had the chance of learning from all the great persons I have crossed pats with.
I hope to transfer you this positivism in order to achieve your goals.
Looking forward to helping you soon!
· Spanish · In home
This is James located in Belmont Shore, California. I have had the pleasure of teaching privately since 1984 and I have also taught at CSUF, Orange Coast College/Coastline Community College, Orange County High School of the Arts and Huntington Beach Academy of the Performing Arts. I'm also currently on faculty at University of West London: London College of Music as a US representative coach for their music grade programs and advanced diploma/degrees.
Out of my studio in Long Beach I currently coach students ages 12 and older in the following areas: piano, digital keyboards, voice, musical theatre, acting, voiceover, violin/viola, music theory/ear, music composition/songwriting, music history, music therapy, breath and meditation.
I also offer several subjects to Take Lessons students online.
I enjoy being an artist developer and i work with advanced artists preparing for careers in the arts. Many of my current students are in the movie/tv industry, perform in musical theatre and for cruise ships and Disneyland.
I look forward to helping you reach your music goals. Thanks.
· Stage Performance · In studio
· Voice Acting · In studio
· Classical Voice · In studio
Bilingual children enjoy creative, cognitive, and cultural advantages because of their early exposure to multiple languages. Fortunately, childhood is an ideal time to learn a new language, especially when the brain is still developing. However, your child doesn't have to start taking language lessons in infancy or grow up in a multilingual household to speak Italian. You just need to stay involved in their learning process and think of creative ways to keep them engaged. If your son o … Read More