Waldwick Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Waldwick teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Schedule your lessons
Connect with your teacher
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Doing classes via Skype was simple and easy. I highly recommend Carina's services."
I felt very comfortable with her the moment I met her
I plan to continue with future lessons"
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
I have taught private bass, guitar and ear training/harmony lessons since 1980.
My Performance Experience includes:
Bass and musical director at Murderers Row
Blue Man Group….Chapman Stick, bass guitar and talking drum from 1991 to present including performing on the Jay Leno Show in 1994; ongoing gigs as sideman and leader (bass, guitar, stick and voice) in NYC from 1981 to 2015
Tom S. Trio on fretless guitar - NY
Fretless Guitar Festival, 2006
Solo bass CD- Quixotic
Brillliant Coroners CD
Otis Ball and The Chains - I'm Gonna Love You Till I Don't;
Dumptruck For The Country CD
Music Learning (Theory)
Music Technology (MIDI and Digital Recording)
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a laid back, but focused instructor. I use a variety of methods to best improve my students strengths and lessen their weaknesses. After three to six months , most students will be comfortable playing in rhythm and understanding basic harmony.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the music room, guitar, electric bass, amps, computer with recording equipment, protools, logic and ableton live
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will bring a bass or guitar. They must have an instrument and some form of amplifier.
*** Specialties ***
· Guitar · In studio
· Guitar · In home
· Bass Guitar ·
Tom really knows his way around a bass. Each time I go for a lesson, i leave happy about the things we've accomplished in the lesson. Anything that i would like to learn Tom makes it possible for me to do so. I started getting lessons in order to not slow down on my playing. With my schedule constantly changing Tom has been very nice at accommodating when possible.
As a teacher, I draw on my professional experience as an actor and singer, my teaching background in myriad subjects (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my eclectic training in acting, classical voice, musical theatre, various methods of body work, and healing.
I strive to create a working environment where students feel safe to take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body
Though I have a long background in performing arts and performing arts education, my teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- 100+ hours of YA approved yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, Sound Healing, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery in practices of music, acting, and mindfulness have core similarities - when you find your flow, it feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Notes on teaching locations:
- HOME STUDIO: For a number of reasons, I prefer to teach at my home studio whenever possible. I have two friendly cats - hope you aren't allergic!
- ONLINE: For some students, online lessons are very effective, but for others, it is imperative to meet in person. So if you would like to try online lessons, please message me first to discuss,
· Meditation · In studio
· Singing · In studio
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Norwegian · In studio
· Norwegian · Online
· French Horn · Online
• 10+ years of teaching, training, & tutoring experience.
• Tutoring for many undergraduate courses in math/statistics & economics/econometrics, as well as select courses in biology, physics, social sciences, computer science, systems engineering, and other subjects / areas. Select graduate course assistance offered as well.
• Tutoring for GRE/GMAT and SAT/ACT tests offered with individualized gameplan/schedule. Tutoring for SAT II, GRE II, MCAT / DAT / OAT / PCAT / NCLEX tests also offered.
• Help with high school and middle school curriculum in math, quantitative sciences, social sciences, writing. Help with IB & AP classes and corresponding exams.
• National Merit Scholar & several (10+) AP Tests in High School.
• Will give personal scores upon request.
· Bridge · Online
· Statistics · Online
I have since then lived in Paris , Philadelphia and now New York.
He graduated from "Jean-Monnet European High-school" where I specialized in English and French Literature.
I have been teaching FRENCH and DRUMS for more than 12 years now.
About FRENCH LESSONS : ( section about DRUM LESSONS below )
Most people I've taught come to me saying "French is so hard , I will never be able to speak it" or "When I try to speak french, french people answer me in english"
--- THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH ME :)
French is easy , you just need a good teacher who cares about you.
I can help you with :
• Pronunciation ( so that nobody will answer you in English )
• What to know if you go to France soon ( so
• Basic to advanced conversation ( so you can make french friends and understand what they say )
• Train your ear
• Grammar / Vocabulary / Verbs
BUT DON'T WORRY , IT WILL BE FUN !
After the first lesson , ALL my students realize that learning french isn't scary anymore.
So : qui veut apprendre le français ?*
(*who wants to learn french?)
Section about DRUM LESSONS:
On the music side of my studies: I attended the American School of Modern Music of Paris for 3 years and moved to Philadelphia to study with Joe Morello's former student Sam Ruttenberg at the University of the Arts in 2012.
I perform as a professional jazz drummer between Europe and America.
IF YOU CAN SAY IT , YOU CAN PLAY IT !
•I teach beginners to advanced students , all ages and styles are welcome
I can teach you ( how to ) :
• play with other musicians
• the history of the drums
• your role as a drummer
• make music with an instrument that at first doesn't seem very musical
• latin / afro cuban grooves
• correct your grip on the sticks
and everything else you may ask... the possibilities and endless
· French · Online
· French · In studio
· French · Online
View Full Profile
George holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science and Associate Degree in Economics from Rutgers University and is completing his Master's Degree in International Affairs. He plans to pursue a PhD upon his graduation and co
· Social Sciences · In studio
· Social Studies · In studio
· Social Sciences · In home
View Full Profile
I'm a former lieutenant in an infantry brigade of the Israeli Army. I have a BA in psychology from Bar-Ilan University in Israel and an MS in Management from Boston University.
Languages are my passion and I would be happy to help you turn your language learning from a struggle into a fun and enjoyable experience.
· Hebrew · Online
· Hebrew · In home
· Hebrew · Online
As a current faculty member of the New York Jazz Workshop, Andrea Veneziani is a dedicated educator. He has taught master classes at the National Institute of Music and the National University of Costa Rica, at the Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, Turkey and at the Olav Duun Videregående Skole in Namsos, Norway. He also served as an adjunct professor at New York University, where he graduated i
· Italian · In studio
View Full Profile
Once I moved to New York I participated in an internship at Victor de Souza Company and I was quickly hired for the position of Production Manager and began assisting Mr. De Souza in executing and coordinating fashion shows.
As an artist and designer I feel more inclined towards education than working in the fashion industry. I feel great joy teaching and this would be a wonderf
Sometimes I have been approached by people who, although they do not want to pursue a career in fashion or art, want advice on how customize their image. I can help you to express your individuality and embrace your freedom.
As a designer I have also collaborated producing the costume designs for plays like: "Post-Plástica", Museo del Barrio, NY (2012) and "Schwanze-Beast", Vermont Performance Lab, Vermont (2015).
In 2015 I released the film-documentary, "Normal Is Good (I like America and America likes me)" at Gene Siskel Film Center, Chicago. "All the things she says" is my most recent solo exhibition at Galería de la Biblioteca Pública Rubén Martínez Villena, Havana, Cuba (2017). I was selected as part of 2017 NYFA Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program for Performing and Literary Arts, New York Foundations for the Arts, NY, US.
My knowledge of art and design and my international perspective, are elements that enrich my approach to education.
· Fashion Design · Online
· Spanish · In home
Every culture has its own set of legends, myths, and superstitions, and Japan is no exception. Japanese culture dates all the way back to 35,000 BC., and so do some Japanese urban legends. From good luck omens to supernatural animals, here are 16 bizarre Japanese superstitions. Inanimate Objects Have Spirits Japanese Buddhists believe that inanimate objects, like dolls, have spirits. There are a number of Japanese stories about dolls or other inanimate objects coming to life. Jap … Read More