Find Tutors in Longbranch
Looking for private in-home or online tutoring? Our Longbranch tutors are ready to get you started. Search today!
Search for a teacher
Schedule your lessons
Connect with your teacher
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
ENJOYMENT OFFERED. Very enthusiastic and
experienced musician available for instruction offering the following:
# In-depth written music theory coupled with an equivalent of ear training and tone
# Introduction to performance skills with instruments that include:
Guitar - electric & acoustic
Drum Kit and percussion rhythms
# Group lessons or private instruction, depending on personal preferences and age
1) 15 years of GUITAR: professional performance
and composition. Styles include rock, folk, blues, chord
progressions, and alternate tuning.
2) 15 years of DRUMS and PERCUSSION: Latin, swing, blues, as well as rock, funk, punk, and reduced to
3) 15 years of PIANO: which utilize
several years of personal instruction in classical, popular, and some ragtime,
in addition to an intimate knowledge of Piano Proficiency (scales & modes,
chord structures & inversions, common chord progressions, intervals, circle
of 5th, and finger exercises)
4) 2 years of MUSIC THEORY and COMPOSITION at college level.
Lessons will include additional materials to the primary instrument such as sheet music for
sight reading, rhythm patterns, tabletures, and chord charts.
***Above all, I encourage students to select those pieces, tunes, or songs that have appealed to them the most; perhaps even inspiring them to learn a musical instrument in the first place. Adaptations are a common and enjoyable part of the teaching process.
*** Lesson Details ***
Expect efforts, on my part, to steer learning into areas of the students particular interest as well as conventional genres such as classical, popular, folk, blues, etc...
Moreover, I rely on ear training as a strong complement to written music theory and sight-reading; often using recorded music samples or simple patterns on a piano.
I try to balance method-type published lesson books with beginner, intermediate, or original composition sheet music to specifically selected pieces.
Ideally, with a reasonable practice schedule each week, full comprehension of the written music grand staff and an ear to catch a false note will become second nature. By then, more opportunities to learn actual pieces and styles become greater, having got the initial learning curve under the students belt.
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Travel Equipment ***
lesson material/music media samples can be provided for copy
student would have own instrument
*** Specialties ***
Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Drums, Percussion, Music Theory
finger picking styles and chord progressions - guitar
lead and rhythm patterns - electric guitar
latin, blues, rock, jazz styles - drum kit & percussion
classical & popular tunes - piano/keyboard
· Guitar · In home
· Piano ·
Brett has been a great teacher for my 5 year old daughter. She is just learning the basics of piano and Brett has been great at expanding her skill sets. She really enjoys practicing with him and actually looks forward to when he comes over every week!
· Violin · In studio
· Violin · In home
· Violin · In home
· SAT · In studio
About Prof. Thirunavukkarasu
WITH SIMPLE LEARNING TECHNIQUES IN MATH, CHEMISTRY & PHYSICS.
STUDENTS NEED NOT STRUGGLE LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER.
I'm Prof. Thirunavukkarasu.C., also known as Prof.Arassu.
I've 14 years of professional tutoring experience in Math,Chemistry and Physics in USA and 30+ years in total including India with school, college and university students.
I've been tutoring on line by SKYPE apart from Classroom of Take Lessons.com and on-to-one.
MORE ABOUT ME
1) Bachelor in Chemistry with Math and Physics
2) Master in Chemistry
3) Master in Organic Chemistry
TEACHING PHILOSOPHY AND METHODOLOGIES
!) Able to teach all levels of Chemistry / M
2) Capable of clarifying doubts in any part of Chemistry and Math at any time.
3) Guiding easy techniques to solve difficult problems.
1) Most of my students have scored high rank in their quiz and final exams from low scores.
2) Helping students for home assignments and web assignments.
3) My teaching style will be motivating,inspiring and guiding to learn.
4) I am always interested in the bright education future of students.
5) Students will find elevation to achieve high ranking position after my tutoring !
6) Thousands of my tutored students have joined in Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering, Bio-engineering,Biotechnology IT etc.,etc. both in US and India.
TUTORING ALL DAYS FROM MORNING TO NIGHT.
I AM ALWAYS YOUR INSPIRING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR FOR YOUR BRIGHT EDUCATION FUTURE AND PROSPERITY.
MY COMPLETE LIST OF TUTORING SUBJECTS
Arithmetic, Trigonometry, Intermediate Algebra,College Algebra, CLEP Calculus IB Mathematics HL, IB Mathematics SL,
AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus 1,Calculus 2, Calculus 3,DUPE, Differential Equations, Pre-Calculus,
Pre-Algebra,Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4,Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math, Statistics.
PSAT Mathematics, SAT Mathematics, SAT II:
Subject Test in Mathematics – Level 1, SAT II:
Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2,
Algebra 3/4, CLEP College Algebra,Geometry, Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math,
ACT Math, COMPASS Mathematics
LSAT,IB Chemistry SL, IB Chemistry HL GRE Subject Test in Chemistry
Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Physical Chemistry,
Organic Chemistry, CLEP Chemistry,
SAT II: Subject Test in Chemistry, PCAT Chemistry
AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Physics, AP Physics 1 – DUP
· AP Calculus · Online
· · In home
· Math · In studio
Prof. Thirunavukkarasu C.
Prof. Thirunavukkarasu C.
View Full Profile
My name is Kyla and I am currently a working actress and substitute teacher. I am on a webseries that just won a pilot competition, I just wrapped a play and start rehearsals for another one in June, and I have done a number of other live shows, short films, and webseries. I have taught theater, I substitute teach, currently, and I have babysat and tutored. I am also an alumni of the University of Southern California (BA) - one of the top universities in the US with one of the best theater (and film) schools! I love teaching, especially the arts, and I love to help someone understand something better and to feel more confidently about a subject or skill. I am excited to meet you all and get started!
All The Best,
· Acting · Online
· Child Acting · Online
· Film and TV Acting · In studio
View Full Profile
I'm passionate about tutoring because I believe every student has the potential to thrive in an academic environment. Unfortunately, many students aren't taught in way that helps them achieve conceptual mastery or don't get enough individual attention in the classroom. That's why I believe in the power of the personal, individualized tutoring relationshi
1) Concept Mastery - I work to help students understand that it's not enough to just understand how to solve a problem, but that you also need to understand why that solution works. If you have a deep conceptual mastery over the material, you'll be able to solve new kinds of problems with those same skills, even if you haven't encountered a problem like it before.
2) Academic Confidence – I’m always surprised by the number of students that I work with who honestly believe they aren’t smart or capable enough to succeed in school. So, part of my job as a tutor is to help those students understand that hard work and confidence are the key to success, so matter how difficult they find the work initially.
3) Love of Learning – This is perhaps the most important element to me. My favorite teachers were not the ones who managed to cram the most amount of information in my head, but those who helped me be excited about the subjects they taught. As a tutor, I work with students to develop excitement about the subject matter and a love of learning more generally.
Finally, here’s a bit more information about me. Currently, I'm a public health researcher at a large non-profit, and specialize in systematic reviews and project evaluation. I studied Sociology and Public Policy at UNC Chapel Hill. I graduated summa cum laude and received a Chancellor's award for excellence in my field of study. In the new few years, I plan to go back for a PhD in clinical psychology. I look forward to working with you or your student!
· Algebra 1 · In studio
· Algebra · In home
View Full Profile
View Full Profile
I grew up in China and lived and went to university in Japan. Coming from the north of China, I speak very fluent and standard Mandarin Chinese. I have great confidence in my standard (dialect free) Chinese and Japanese pronunciation. Having lived in Japan for more than five years, I am very fluent in Japanese.
I feel confident that with learning two foreign languages (That would be English and Japanese for me) I have acquired the language skills that have allowed me to understand how best to study and teach a foreign language. At present, besides teaching my 3 children Mandarin Chinese, I also have students whom I serve as their tutor for in
Want to learn a new language? There are a few hobbies that can actually make learning easier! Find out what they are in this guest post by Liisi Pajula... Its widely known that being fluent in two or more languages is good for your brain and your well-being! The benefits of being bilingual run the gamut from increased problem-solving skills to improved memory and creativity, and speaking another language can even help slow the brain's aging and delay dementia. Obviously lear … Read More