Traveling can be one of the most amazing and rewarding experiences of your life. If you’re in the process of learning Spanish, why not travel to Spain to practice your skills? Adventuring to a Spanish-speaking country is a fantastic way to improve your Spanish speaking and listening comprehension skills. You’ll also learn about the culture and how native speakers use the language daily. Below, we’ve rounded up some of the best travel quotes we’ve come across to help you get inspired!
1) “I would sooner be a foreigner in Spain than in most countries. How easy it is to make friends in Spain!” – George Orwell
2) “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
3) “There is no night life in Spain. They stay up late but they get up late. That is not night life. That is delaying the day.” – Ernest Hemingway
4) “Like Spain, I am bound to the past.” – William S. Burroughs
5) “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
6) “An investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
7) “In Spain, the dead are more alive than the dead of any other country in the world.” – Federico Garcia Lorca
8) “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Anderson
9) “It’s like a dream to come to Spain and stay for a couple of years and get somebody to teach me Spanish music.” – Lenny Kravitz
10) “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”– Gustave Flaubert
11) “I have seen dawn and sunset on moors and windy hills coming in solemn beauty like slow old tunes of Spain.” – John Edward Masefield
12) “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
13) “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
14) “In Spain, the best way to keep a secret is to write a book.” – Manuel Azaña
15) “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
The above 15 best travel quotes should encourage you to experience new things and travel to new places. So what are you waiting for? Enjoy a new adventure in Spain!
Want to brush up your Spanish-speaking skills before you go? Find a Spanish tutor near you!
Photo by Patrick