I discovered my love of yoga at Brown University, where it helped me to cope with anxiety and get more in touch with my body. My practice focuses on mindfulness and self-compassion, and can be a great antidote for the competitive and stressful environment of New York City. Come practice in my beautiful GARDEN HOME STUDIO, or let me bring the peaceful energy to you.
I received my 200hour Vinyasa certification at Yandara Institute, my PreNatal Yoga certification at Chandrakala Yoga NYC, and have subsequently received additional trainings as varied as qi gong and Circus Yoga. I am supportive and completely non-judgmental! I love to be a cheerleader for anybody who is new to the practice or thinks that they aren't [flexible, strong, 'yogic', skinny, coordinated, whatever] enough for yoga. I also have experience working with clients who struggle with food, exercise, and body image issues.
I am also a trained and certified Reiki practitioner, and love to help my students access their subtle and energetic body.
I teach yoga at CLAY Fitness in Union Square.
· Yoga · In home Very patient and punctual. The practice was very relaxing / productive for me. Phoebe was wonderful to work with.
Hoping to take more lessons soon, when my work hours ease up!
· Yoga · In home Phoebe was great. I celebrated my 28th birthday by having friends over for a private yoga session. The original plan was to have the lesson on my roof but the weather was awful, so we crammed 14 people and their mats in my living room. Phoebe was great at reading the vibe and incorporated a lot of partner exercises. I look forward to our next session and definitely recommend Phoebe to anyone!
· Yoga · In home Phoebe is both incredibly knowledgable and fun to practice with. She can quickly assess your skill level and tailor a session to meet your ability. We had the best time with her and I highly recommend her to anyone new to yoga or looking to advance their practice.
· Reiki · In home I felt more that it was a friendly encounter rather than a therapeutic experience. Maybe she is an amateur. I don't know.
· Yoga · In home Phoebe is a wonderful teacher! She gives great cues on form but does not over-correct and keeps the flow of the lesson going. She is creative and fun but also very knowledgeable. I look forward to my lesson every week!
· Yoga · In home WOW. I don't know if you like being happy or you hate being happy. But if you're the former, I'd highly recommend Phoebe to you. I'm incredibly stressed out, all the time, and Phoebe melts the day away like yoga-themed butter.
I feel really grateful for the personal time and energy she's poured into my yogic education.
10/10, would recommend.
· Reiki · In studio I was somewhat nervous about starting Reiki, but Phoebe led me through all the steps patiently before beginning. I felt incredibly safe and taken care of, and I was surprised by how absolutely rejuvinated I felt after leaving my session with her. I would highly recommend anyone new to Reiki to work with Phoebe!
· Yoga · In home Phoebe is an awesome instructor. I am a total beginner and she made me feel safe and comfortable, and broke everything down so that I could understand it. You should totally take yoga classes from her!