Males 0Males 0 and up
I'm a professional dancer and I have trained in a variety of dance techniques since the age of six. Throughout my dance career I have become aware of the importance of cross-training for optimal conditioning of the body for the purpose of injury prevention.
I'm a certified Pilates instructor and I have more than seven years of experience as a Private Fitness Consultant, customizing my workout to the specific needs, goals and abilities of each individual client.
I created Pilates Fitness Fusion, which integrates elements from my years of dance, as well as from Yoga, Zena Rommett’s Floor Barre, Feldenkrais, Pilates and Gyrokinesis. I also draw from the fluid forms of Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Alexander Technique. The result is an incredibly diverse and specialized fitness program.
Pilates Fitness Fusion will help you to strengthen and sculpt your whole body, shed excess weight and address postural imbalances, so that you can be
FIT, HEALTHY and PAIN FREE!
*** Lesson Details ***
In order to improve each student’s overall conditioning, an equal focus is put on upper and lower body strength, flexibility, body alignment and balance.
My private sessions, as well as my group classes include key exercises of Pilates, Yoga and other strengthening and stretching techniques, which allows for a well-rounded and diverse training program.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Thera Bands, Exercise Ball, Pilates Ring, Pilates Mat
*** Specialties ***
Pilates Mat, working with clients of all ages
Dancer and rehearsal director for the production of "The Earth and Me" by The Shadow Box Theatre.
· Stretching · In home So excited to work with someone who is willing to help me get better while understanding my limitations and without judging me. It was one of the best exercise experiences I have ever had!
· Pilates · In home Charly is the best!
After giving birth to two children, it is not easy to get back in shape and I honestly think, that it would have not been possible if it weren't for Charly.
She is very sensitive to the health issues one faces and knows exactly what to do and what not to do. At the same time she gently pushes you enough to actually make the big difference. I am now back to the way I was before having the kids - just that now I am even little stronger.
But it is not just the strength and shape of your body, but Charly will also help you adjust for any imbalances in your body.
I was very sad when I moved from Brooklyn and was not able to take her class anymore, but I am still doing a lot from our routine, that helps me stay fit.
She is wonderful!
· Pilates · In home I started Pilates with Charly about half a year ago. Charly is a patient teacher and explains in detail how to perform each movement. I have learnt so much about proper body alignment and how to execute each exercise with proper form. Charly’s attention to detail makes all the difference! I feel extremely confident training with Charly and have recommended her to my friends and family.
· Pilates · In home Charly is a terrific Pilates teacher. She has come to my home for a class and I love the way she tailors her instruction to individual needs and capabilities. She is very sensitive to possible injuries by frequently asking if something hurts or is uncomfortable. Her instructions are clear and the class moves along at a comfortable pace. She is also a really nice person -- the best!
· Pilates · In home I really enjoy my pilates lessons with Charly!
She is a great and motivating teacher with a deep understanding for the alignment of the body. It is a pleasure for me to have an instructor who spots and corrects even my minor mistakes. Charly helps me build myself up strong and balanced.
Something else I really appreciate about Charly is that she's always on time and arrives well-prepared for the lessons. We have done a vary of different exercises and she always mixes it up.
If you want a thorough and professional Pilates instructor, I can highly recommend Charly.
· Yoga · In home Really Great Experience felt really great after words.!!