I believe that any student will practice more if he or she likes the music they are playing. Periodically I will ask a student to give me a name of a piece of music that they would like to learn how to play. I notate it for them, often simplifying the rhythm and chords in Finale NotePad and give it to them free of charge. I teach students how to play music on their given instrument. Not just how to play the instrument but working on technique, finger dexterity, expert note reading ability and total musicianship. How to play a piece of music that will move the audience emotionally. I stress vocabulary and music history and theory as part of being a well-trained musician.
Played in the pit orchestra for "La Boheme" and "Madame Butterfly"
· Cello · In studio In my opinion, having been an educator in the Isaac School District for many years, Mr. Quintana exhibits excellent teaching techniques and strategies to enable the learner to be successful. He is professional, prepared, courteous, and prompt. For the past 6 years, Mr.Quintana has been my cello instructor. The environment that he creates as an educator provides an excellent foundation for continued learning. Mr. Quintana's knowledge of string instruments and piano are superb.
· Guitar · In studio Victor is a great instructor and a great person. He is wonderful with my young son, who was an absolute beginner when he started lesson with Victor at age 8. My son has a learning disability that makes it harder for him to read music and process instructions. Victor worked with all of that with patience and respect. Now my son can play beautiful songs and perform in front of others. I believe that learning music has also helped my son become better at reading, math, and thinking! Most of all, he feels successful about his guitar skills, which adds to his confidence. I cannot thank Victor enough!
· Piano · In studio Victor is really professional and knowledgable and I would recommend him to anyone who is learning to play for the first time 👍
· Piano · In studio Victor was very thorough. He gave me some history as well as lessons. I am excited for my next lesson
· Violin · In studio He is a great teacher. Explains everything and has me keep trying until I do it correctly.
· Violin · In studio Victor is an excellent teacher. He teaches music that I am interested in, and tailors lessons to my skill level. He has a strong background in music theory, and has done a great job of helping me grasp concepts that I have never understood before. As an beginning adult student, I could not have found a better teacher.
· Cello · In home Wonderful teacher! Patient, highly knowledgeable and kind. Very pleased.
· Violin · In studio Victor is very patient and tries to make it fun even when you do not sound so great!!!