I believe that any student will practice more if he or she likes the music they are playing. Periodically I will ask a student to give me a name of a piece of music that they would like to learn how to play. I notate it for them, often simplifying the rhythm and chords in Finale NotePad and give it to them free of charge. I teach students how to play music on their given instrument. Not just how to play the instrument but working on technique, finger dexterity, expert note reading ability and total musicianship. How to play a piece of music that will move the audience emotionally. I stress vocabulary and music history and theory as part of being a well-trained musician.
Played in the pit orchestra for "La Boheme" and "Madame Butterfly"
· Piano · In studio Victor was very thorough. He gave me some history as well as lessons. I am excited for my next lesson
· Violin · In studio He is a great teacher. Explains everything and has me keep trying until I do it correctly.
· Violin · In studio Victor is an excellent teacher. He teaches music that I am interested in, and tailors lessons to my skill level. He has a strong background in music theory, and has done a great job of helping me grasp concepts that I have never understood before. As an beginning adult student, I could not have found a better teacher.
· Cello · In home Wonderful teacher! Patient, highly knowledgeable and kind. Very pleased.
· Violin · In studio Victor is very patient and tries to make it fun even when you do not sound so great!!!