- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
A love of music began in the third grade. I started on a silver metal clarinet and have not stopped playing. I am a musician, composer, arranger and performer. I hold a B.A. in music and have taught in the schools for 28 years. I bring extensive knowledge and humor to my teaching. I enjoy working with all age levels and pride myself on being intensely positive.
*** Lesson Details ***
The focus of music lessons is to overcome problems and increase skill and enjoyment in performance. I always want to focus on what was done well and carefully work on skills that will increase enjoyment. I will play with you to model and help you self correct as you learn musical concepts and musicianship. We will use method books for fundamentals and supplement with music that interest the students. After a time students will learn skills needed to perform a wider range of music
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to provide an instrument, method book, stand and supplies for that instrument. I will bring an instrument to play along and model.
*** Specialties ***
Kodaly and Orff methods
I have been a Music Educator for 28 years with a wide range of experience which allow me to focus on the needs of the individual to learn music and contribute to an ensemble.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Trumpet · In studio My grandson is 8. He dreams about learning to play the trumpet. Today was his first lesson from Mr. Tom Cross. The lesson was delivered perfectly at his level. With positive reinforcement. Clear direction. Humor. All the way home my grandson smiled!
· Piano · In studio Highly Recommended teacher. The teacher's flexibility, calm but firm demeanor and ability to relate to the student is awesome.
· Singing · In studio He is an excellent teacher, fun and well knowledgeable
· Saxophone · In studio Tom is an awesome instructor, my first lesson just encouraged me more to keep learning.
· Drum · In studio Very good and detailed instructor.
· Piano · In home Tom is a wonderful piano teacher! He knows music, is an experienced teacher, and has a great sense of humor. I learned so much from Tom starting at the very first lesson. He was very patient with my slow pace, was encouraging, and made learning fun.
· Saxophone · In studio My son seemed to really enjoy his first lesson with Tom. Looking forward to more!
· Piano · In studio Tom is wonderful, patient and understanding. My daughter is really enjoying working with him. We are confident that with his guidance and instruction she will reach her goals.
· Singing · Vocal lessons with Tom
Tom is a great teacher. He is very encouraging and gives great advice on how to improve. Without his encouragement I do not think I would have tried out for the community choir. I made it through the audition and am back singing with a great group of people.
· Singing · Amazing!,
Tom is a great teacher.. I have learned so much from him! I have auditions to be on the voice this jan and he has made me so much better since I started .. I recommend him! He is also such a wonderful person! And has faith in everyone!