- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Noted violinist and gifted educator. Studied with H. Harutyunyan and V. Khachatryan, students of the great violinist L. Kogan. Tigran N. has been teaching Violin and Viola to students of all ages for over 15 years. He received his Master's degree in Music Performance from The Komitas State Conservatory in Yerevan, Armenia and his Bachelor of Music from Babajanyan State Music College. In addition to teaching, he has performed and recorded with several orchestras, has composed and arranged several pieces including his own album. He is a highly educated individual who enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise with students interested in learning.
Teaching is my passion and I thoroughly love what I am doing.
Every single child is special to me and every one receives special attention.
My students also play semiannual recital, witch helps them to gain confidence.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home: Music room w/ piano, guitar, violin, stands, seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
Music stand if required
*** Specialties ***
Russian traditional and Suzuki methods.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Piano · In home Friendly and great with my son! I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.
· Violin · In studio A year ago, after a long 40 year or so break, I returned to my violin.
My professional career has nothing to do with music. Learning violin again is a hard work. The physical challenge is there, the ability rapidly to develop muscle tone and memory “sadly just isn’t there anymore.” My right arm is as stiff as a 2x4 stud and left fingers slip. So, lighting dashes over strings will take longer – much longer - to perfect.
But, Tigran reminded me that he has not found any shortcuts and he has been looking for a long time. I resumed very basic finger exercises and routine scales. And the results were very slow but the reward was there.
Tigran is very structured and systematically approaching how to improve the intonation and tonal quality. So, I am happy to leave it up to him to take the lead.
· Piano · In studio He is the best.
· Violin · Online I highly recommend Tigran, he is a great instructor. He is very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging when it comes to teaching and music theory.
· Viola · Online Tigran has done a very good job in improving our son's Viola skills in such a short period of time. My son is a member of Orchestra in school and he is now one of the better players in the group. My son also enjoys taking his class with Tigran.
· Violin · In studio There are a number of beginners and comeback kids attempting to learn the violin without teacher. Honestly, at one point, I really thought I would be one of them. I’m in my mid 50’s and I had violin lessons when I was a kid. I thought I can practice again through internet teachers like YouTube.
I bought a violin made in China in EBay. At the end of 3 months, I still couldn't play anything with any satisfaction, thinking the violin was not good. I was very disappointed with the violin and myself.
But I couldn't let the idea go. Several months later I started searching prospective teachers. Finally, I contacted Tigran and we decided to give an interview, and Tigran has been my teacher ever since.
At my first real lesson, while he was tuning my violin, I noticed the violin made totally different sound. I was so shocked. It was not the violin; it was me who could not pull the sound from the violin. He gave me something incredibly valuable. He taught me how to draw the bow across the strings without making that horrible scratchy sound that I could not get rid of. It was magical. Maybe that's not a big deal to anyone else, but it was huge for me.
Over the past month, he has given me so many valuable lessons - how to hold the bow, how to practice each challenging skill, tone, timing, what is the best order to learn a piece, how the arm, the wrist, and the elbow should move, and so much more.
I couldn't get those things from a book. Certainly there are books out there that cover it, but I needed timely and simple correction in terms that made sense to me. The speed at which things are absorbed increased exponentially with his guidance.
The best part is, when something isn't right, he knows exactly why. It's almost as if he sits in my practice room with me all week because he nails it every time. Moreover, he knows more than one approach to helping me understand how to fix it.
Everyone can learn, but not everyone can teach. Not only is Tigran a good violinist, he is a great instructor. I know I am often frustrated, but it is never because he doesn't give me what I need to succeed. It's because I don't have enough time to devote to applying the principals he taught.
So here's to all the fantastic violin teachers out there. Even if you don't hear us say thank you often enough, know that you are making a difference in someone's life. And to Tigran, if you ever read this - Thanks!
· Viola · Online Tigran was so patient and my little girl sounded much better after one lesson!
· Violin · In studio He is a very talented teacher.
· Piano · In studio He is very patient and works very well with my son. If my son's attention starts to lapse, he will stop and play a quick game like clap, clap name your favorite animal, then go back to the lesson. My son ins 4 1/2 and he is doing very well!
· Violin · In studio My son has been learning violin with Mr. Tigran since last 8 months. He started with very basic 8 months ago and last week his middle school won 12 trophies and he was at the center of the performance. Thanks to Mr. Tigran. Mr. Tigran has the ability to come to student level and bring a change. He is soft, polite and professional. My son is fully involved in violin now and looking towards next level. I am very pleased with his performance and looking forward that one day he will be playing like Mr. Tigran. During the last 8 months there were some occasions where my son was not able to meet the schedule appointment and Mr. Tigran was very accommodating with these situations. Mr. Tigran has the ability to relate music with daily life examples so kids can understand it better. A good communication is extremely important for a teacher and he posses this skill and knows how to apply it. I can see my son will grow very well with his music in future.