- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a former instrumental music teacher in the Catholic school system. I have been teaching in some way, shape or form for the past 20 years. My methods of teaching vary depending on the student and what they need to succeed. I make myself available between lessons via text, phone and email for questions regarding the lesson. Please let me know if you have issues with animals, I can put them in another part of the house. I have both cats and a dog. All of which are friendly.
I have been teaching since 1996, starting at my local elementary school as an after school program for students that would otherwise not be able to afford lessons. After I was hired as a school teacher, I stopped teaching private lessons until 2008. Since then I have maintained my studio with a min. of 15 students with varying instruments.
One of my most memorable students had physical and mental difficulties which made it hard for him to communicate using words. After only one lesson, the student's mother (a college professor) was surprised to see a vast improvement. She had never seen him respond to any other teacher the way that he responded to my teaching.
I taught grades 3-8. I taught all woodwinds, brass, percussion, piano and recorder. A former student from one of my schools is the recipient of the Rhodes scholarship and is currently attending Dartmouth College. Many of my former and current students have also recieved scholarships to different high schools for music.
This certifies me to work with children in the church and school. Anyone that has contact with children must have this course completed. I have recently updated my certification and have taken extra courses involving bullying and how to identify and protect students.
· Piano · In studio Enjoyed the lesson. Received new perspective on concept practice and theory. Looking forward to my next lessons.
· Violin · In studio This was my daughters first lesson and she came away loving it!
· Violin · In studio He loves it
· Piano · In studio Shes very sweet and reach out to me more than what I expect for my first day in class.
· Oboe · In studio Theresa is well versed in many different instruments. Her teaching skills are exceptional. Smart and easy going
· Guitar · In home Daughter is learning so much and she enjoys the teaching method that Theresa uses.
· Guitar · In home Theresa is a human encyclopedia of musical knowledge. She is patient, understanding and is willing to take the time to break down a particular element of learning so it it's more readily understandable to a student trying to learn a new instrument. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to learn most any instrument since she teaches so many different ones.
· Piano · In studio Great a working with and engaging kids! Only knocked down one star because the toddler daughter can be a little distracting during lessons....but otherwise, Theresa is great!
· Piano · In studio My daughter thoroughly enjoys taking lessons from Theresa. She is energetic and enthusiastic when teaching. She really wants my daughter to learn how to not only play the piano, but to really enjoy playing the piano.
· Flute · In home I enjoy Theresa's style. She has excellent knowledge and skill and is able to teach while giving the student confidence in a short amount of time. I played piano and violin when I was young. I am learning to play the flute as an adult and appreciate Theresa's teaching style.