- Teaches students:
- Females 5+, males 5 to 15 and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am a new singer/composer/arranger/songwriter/producer in LA. I have been singing for 12 years now.
Some of my performance highlights include:
• Berklee Commencement Concert 2017 for special guests: Lionel Richie, Lucinda Williams, Todd Rundgren, Neil Portnow, and Shin Joong Hyun.
• "Reimagine Mexico” Concert with Latin Grammy Award winner:
Alexander Acha at the Berklee Performance Center.
• Performing for TV show “Mundo Lanugo” in Telemundo.
• Performed twice for "Buenos Días, Acapulco" in renowned TV Channel: Televisa.
• One of the ten chosen Contemporary Writing and Performance major arrangers and composers for concert in the Berklee Performance Center in the entire department.
• Sang with renowned artist, Laura Rebolloso at the Visiting Artist Series show directed by renowned bass player, Oscar Stagnaro.
• Sang at the "International Folk Festival" in the Berklee Performance Center.
• Divas Latinas Caf Show.
• Performed twice at “Canciones Para El Mundo” show in the Berklee Loft (2016 and 2017).
• Sang at the “Latin Farewell” directed by renowned bass player, Oscar Stagnaro.
• Performed at Senior Recitals and many other shows in the David Friend Recital Hall at Berklee, the Berklee Loft, and the Red Room.
• Tamara Herrera shows ("Reaching The Sun”/"Alcanzando El Sol" and “No Es Un Adiós”) in the Berklee Hall.
• Selected for performing my original composition “Amor Por Accidente" for the Berklee Channel.
• Teach private lessons for all ages of students.
• Teach a variety of musical styles.
• Report on student progress, behavior, and social skills to parents.
• Teach breathing, vocal placement, performance interpretation, and language.
While at Berklee, I spent time working on Apple computers and learned things like:
• Fixing music software issues, computer issues, malware, and hardware issues.
• Explain and distribute software, iLoks, and interfaces.
• Customer service mindset.
• Selling and explaining music software/hardware.
• Serve as initial face-to-face (and to a lesser extent telephone) contact for students needing technical assistance. Maintain a high degree of responsiveness to students after the initial contact by informative follow-ups until a solution is achieved. Responsible for the timely entry, updating, and tracking of customer requests in the Tickets database.
• Promote a positive and professional work environment.
• Refer students with problems to the divisional computer support representatives.
• Diagnose student computers as appropriate.
• Arrange for student computer repair using certified Apple repair facilities, including Apple Computer as appropriate.
• Report apparent network problems to full-time employee Student Support Consultants or other technology departments as necessary.
• Work cooperatively, and share knowledge freely with appropriate I.T. staff to access support from technical specialists and deliver solutions to the students.
• Work cooperatively with I.T. staff, Learning Resources staff, and Resident Support Technical Assistants.
• Maintain, setup, and arrange for sign-out of loaner equipment to students as authorized by the Operations Manager.
• Stay current with existing and emerging computer technologies.
• Refer more complex problems to full-time employee Student Support Consultants or other higher-level technical staff personnel for resolution as appropriate.
Tamara is the best! She's an amazing singer and is veeery good at teaching how it's done. She's also very sweet, respectful, easy-going, and fun, so her lessons are full of learning, while you also feel like you're making a new friend. I strongly recommend Tamara for anything that has to do with singing and teaching!+ Read More