- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
During the past 17 years, Stacey has worked with students ranging from age 5 to 75 teaching classical, musical theater, Christian, and pop music. She accepts students of all ages, styles, and levels. Her students learn through vocal exercises, ear training, song, and performance techniques. Students also learn how to keep their voices healthy and are encouraged to participate in performing venues outside of lessons.
After teaching in New York and Ohio, Stacey held a teaching position at American River College and operated her private voice studio in Sacramento, California for 6 years. She recently relocated to San Diego where she maintains her private voice studio. Stacey has a Master of Music in Vocal Performance/Pedagogy from Ohio University, and a Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from SUNY Fredonia. Most recently, she completed the Summer Vocology Institute where she worked with several of the most knowledgeable researchers and therapists in the field of voice and completed additional Speech Pathology-related courses at the University of Pittsburgh. During graduate school, she taught as a graduate assistant and was hired after graduation as a Visiting Lecturer at Ohio University. Stacey also taught as the Affiliate Voice Instructor for the Athens Community School of Music and Voice Instructor at Studio 1 in Lancaster, Ohio. She is a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing and keeps her knowledge current by attending workshops and doing research.
A classically trained musician, Stacey performed locally in Sacramento as a soloist and sang first soprano with the Sacramento Master Singers. Although her love is art song, Stacey performed in both musical theater and opera productions during high school, undergraduate, and graduate school. Her roles include Despina from Mozart's 'Cosi fan tutte' and Nancy in Britten's 'Albert Herring'. She performed 3 degree recitals and was a 1998-99 Concerto Competition Winner at SUNY Fredonia.
*** Lesson Details ***
I find it very important for my students to be comfortable and to enjoy their lessons. Our first lesson will include getting to know your comfort level and all the details of your voice. We will sing a lot of vocal exercises, find out what you already know, and set basic goals. For a normal lesson, I always start with vocal exercises and progress into our song literature.
I am an energetic instructor and love what I do. Everything I teach is based on solid, healthy vocal technique. I apply this classical technique to all styles of singing from musical theater to pop and of course classical. Sometimes I will assign you a song, but usually I give you a choice between 2 or 3. I always encourage you to bring in your own song choices as options!
Students always ask how quickly they will progress. The answer is...it's completely individual. If you strive for a reasonable goal and practice efficiently generally you will progress nicely.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical and musical theater voice, and use the basic efficient healthy technique used in these styles to work with students who prefer to sing popular styles. I spend a lot of time on a solid foundation in breathing and learning to sing in a healthy way.
· Singing · In studio Stacey has been training my daughter for over 6 years! It's hard to believe these lessons are coming to an end, but not because Stacey isn't amazing, but because my daughter is graduating and moving away! I just want to thank Stacey for helping my daughter at the age of 11 how to sing through being terrified! She has come a long way and she has enjoyed all her time with Miss Stacey! I have recommended Stacey and will continue to recommend her not just for her talent, but because of her patience and her kind heart too!
· Singing · In studio She's great! We have been with her for a long time now. My daughter has developed a relationship with her and enjoys singing. Recommend!
· Singing · In studio Stacey is the perfect instructor for my five-year-old girl. She is professional yet fun, and works with my daughter to learn the songs even though she can't yet read words herself. My daughter loves her lessons and looks forward to them each week. I would recommend Stacey to everyone.
· Vocal Training · In studio Stacey is amazing! I have taken singing lessons with her weekly for over a year now. Each class is so much fun and I have improved so much. Stacey is talented, dedicated and a great teacher. I would not hesitate for one second to recommend her to anyone who wants to improve their singing voice.
· · having a great time
have taken 3 lessons so far but im learning something new each time and I am having tons of fun!
· · Wonderful!
Stacey L. is a great teacher. In just a few short weeks, my daughter is discovering confidence and ability she didn't know she had!
· · Extremely pleased with Stacey!
Stacey has been phenomenal! My daughter started taking vocal lessons and we saw an improvement right away in her tone and clarity. She is an outstanding teacher and we could not be more pleased.
· · she is a great Instructor, I really recommend her who ever wanted to take a singing lesson,take it with Stacey L.
· · I appreciate Stacey's teaching abilities and organization. She clearly thinks ahead about what we're going to do for each lesson, which means I'm getting the best bang for my buck. :)
· · Mother
Jamie is having a blast with Stacey. She looks forward to voice so much. Thank you