First of all, thank you for taking a look at my profile! I know you probably have a lot of teachers to choose from on this fabulous website. Here are a few reasons why you should study with me!
1) My experience as a teacher: I have been teaching both privately and at music schools for over 6 years. I have experience teaching private voice lessons and conducting choirs.
2) My experience as a performer: I currently sing and perform in the Chicago area. I know how to prepare you for auditions and performances because I myself am performing and auditioning.
3) My students: Several of my students can be seen singing in choirs or performing leading roles theaters in the Chicago area. Also, just this past year, I helped one of my students gain acceptance to ChiArts, a performing arts school that only accepts 10% of its applicants.
4) I make it fun! Here is a quote from one of my reviews:
“Exactly what anyone would need to gain knowledge about the mechanics of singing and she makes it fun, too”
It is my goal to help every one of my students:
1) develop a healthy singing technique that will bring longevity to your career or hobby.
2) learn music efficiently and independently.
3) develop good practice habits.
4) learn basic ear training/sight singing.
If that sounds like something you would like to learn, click the green button on my profile to book lessons with me. If you are not quite ready to book, feel free to ask me a question.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
I've been studying voice for 10 years and teaching consistently for over 6 years. I received my M.M. from the Chicago College of Performing Arts and my B.M. from Wheaton College. Since graduating in 2013, I have been working and performing in the Chicagoland area. Some performance highlights include but are not limited to performing with Light Opera Works, CCPA's production of the Chicago Premier of Daron Hagen's Amelia, and performing with the Grant Park Chorus.
I look forward to working with you!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide books. I expect my student to provide a piano.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in operatic singing. I received my training in opera; however, I also have training and performance experience in musical theater. I believe I am well equipped in several genres.
Played Quark Sister 1 in the Chicago Premier of Quantum Mechanic by John Bilatta.
Performed the role of Melissa in Gilbert and Sullivan's Princess Ida.
Covered the role of Gonda in Girl In The Train by Leo Fall. Performances September 4-13, 2015.
Performed in the multi Jeff Award nominated producation of A Marvin Hamlisch Songbook.
Performances with the company:
Josephine in H.M.S. Pinafore
Gershwin's Greatest Hits
Valencienne in The Merry Widow
I coordinated and promoted bi-annual concerts.
I designed detailed rehearsal plans and agendas to develop basic musicianship, ear training, sight reading, and a healthy singing technique.
I communicated and meet with parents and students to give progress updates, identify needs, and re-assess goals.