- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Experienced cello, drum, piano, and guitar player of 20 years. Has a MFA degree in music composition + a BFA in music performance. Recorded professionally for tv shows such as "Glee," "Entertainment Tonight," and "Extra." Also records for "Sonoton Recordings." Currently resides in Los Angeles, California. Teaches locally, in-studio, or online. Occasionally travels to Japan to perform + teach.
Freelance recordings/cues for composers under Sonoton and Atrium Recordings. Recordings were included in television programs such as "Extra," "Extreme Makeover," and "Entertainment Tonight."
Performed on "Glee" for three seasons.
Recorded for Immediate's trailer music library + performed tracks from Immediate Music with "Trailer Music Live" orchestra in 2009.
· Drum · In studio I could not ask for more in a teacher. Ryan is amazing in every way. He has been teaching my 4 year old son the drums for nearly a year. When my son started lessons, he was actually below the minimum age for students, but he shared a passion for music that Ryan was willing to cultivate and be patient with.
Ryan is versatile in his teaching methods, creative, open, patient. Teaching a young student, Ryan adjusted to teaching music reading fundamentals with colors and shapes. He also figured out ways to correct, critique and build all the while building a young child's confidence.
Ryan provides a written evaluation of our son annually and has him prepare for two public recitals a year. Ryan integrates modern technology into the lessons to quickly provide feedback and create customized beats and tempos to practice to.
Above all, Ryan smiles and laughs. He makes every lesson pleasant and we treasure him, truly.
· Cello · In home Awesome first lesson with Ryan, he teaches at whatever pace you learn best at.
· Guitar · In home Ryan is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I had a great time learning guitar from him. Make sure you tell him what your goals are so he can help you achieve them.
· Cello · Online Great job. I think Ryan is what I needed.
· Cello · In home Well I'm in my second year of cello and Ryan has been a tremendous and very positive part of it!! His attention and feedback have always been positive and he pushes me to challenge myself which I love. I'm so grateful to have found Ryan and I look forward to every lesson! I plan on having him as my teacher for as long as I can and highly suggest to anyone looking to learn the cello to try him out. You'll be as happy as I am that you did!!
· Drum · In studio Ryan is Awesome! He is very patient with my 9yr old. We've been taking drum lessons for a little over 2 months and my son already knows how to read sheet music, and even learned to play a few songs. I am very impressed! Ryan is very encouraging and positive during the lessons. My son leaves with a sense of motivation and confidence after every lesson! As long as he keeps his interest in playing drums, we will certainly stick with Ryan. Thanks, Ryan!!!
· Cello · Online Ryan was great. He put to ease a nervous almost 8 year old and was very skilled at playing her music "on tap." He hadn't seen some of the music until the lesson but you would never know it. He picked out many great things in her playing that made the overall piece sound better and more developed. We're looking forward to our next lesson.
· Cello · Online Ryan is a great teacher. He is very patient with my 9 year old son Max who is new to the cello. Max looks forward to his weekly lessons and Ryan is doing a fabulous job at helping him keep up with his fellow Cello players at school.
Max has requested a longer lesson time which is a good sign he is beginning to feel more confidant.
Ryan is very professional and shows that he really cares about Max's progress. My husband and I were unsure if Cello lessons online would work but everything is going smoothly so far...Plus it's much more convenient.
· Cello · Online He is very encouraging. He finds pieces that will challenge. He has been a wonderful teacher.
· Cello · Online Ryan did a great job with his lessons..was very helpful to tutor a piece on very short notice.