- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been studying violin for 17 years and have performed all kinds of music from classical to rock. As of Spring 2016 I completed two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Music and Psychology and two Graduate Certificate in the Suzuki Technique and the Alexander Technique. During my education I was fortunate enough to study violin with Jerilyn Jorgensen and Brad Watson. As well as, perform in the Lamont Symphony Orchestra. I was also able to study violin, music performance, and composition with Carlo Feige, Roberto Andreoni, and Simone Fontenelli in Milan, Italy for 4 months during my junior year. During my undergraduate degree i chose to accompany my music with a psychology degree, focusing on cognition as well as social and child psychology.
Given the extensive nature of my musical training and my great passion for music, specifically the violin, I can offer a student an engaging and instructive experience, that will allow them to reach any goal.
*** Lesson Details ***
I take an all inclusive approach to teaching violin, that encourages students to proactively participate in the learning process. My lessons are geared around encouraging a student's creativity and musicality while at the same time providing them with the tools to work through each piece and each technical aspect of playing the violin.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons take place in the living room. There is seating for parents and plenty of parking.
*** Specialties ***
Private Violin Teacher
Worked on a variety of shows from classical to folk music.
I'm certified by the university of Denver and Suzuki Association of America to teach Suzuki Books 1-8
The American Society for the Alexander Technique (AmSAT) is the largest professional association of certified Alexander Technique teachers in the United States.The requirements for AmSAT teacher certification are specified in AmSAT's Bylaws and include the completion of 1,600 hours of training over a minimum of three years at an AmSAT-approved Teacher Training Course. AmSAT Teacher Training Courses maintain a five-to-one student/teacher ratio.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
· Violin · In studio Nicole has extensive knowledge of the violin. She teaches the "why before the how" so that the student is able to start with the right technique. She is good at connecting with children.
· Violin · In studio I am returning to violin after being away for ten years, and I'm so excited to be taking classes with Nicole! She is responsive, professional, and has so much experience.
· Violin · In studio Nicole does a great job explaining why the basics are important now and will be even more so as progress is made
· Violin · In studio Thank you Nicole, My daughter is a first time user with only a few minor instructions from a public school teacher, whom taught her wrong. Your advice and ability to work with her, even in her frustrated moments was wonderful. I am looking forward to next week
· Violin · In home She was able to meet my daughter where she is musically. She is professional, and personable.
· Violin · In studio Nicole has been fantastic with our daughter. We have seen steady progress and our daughter is always excited to attend, learn, and grow. We highly recommend Nicole to anyone looking for lessons.
· Violin · In home Nicole is committed to teaching a full appreciation for the violin. Despite the fact that my daughter has yet to play a note in her lesson, she has learned a tremendous amount & will be properly prepared in technique, form, tone & overall knowledge to play with confidence. Although my daughter hoped she'd be playing by now, she's become even more motivated to practice now that she understands there is so much more to the violin than playing a song. We look forward to seeing our daughter grow under Nicole's direction.
· Violin · In studio Patient, helpful & knowledgable!
· Violin · In studio Nicole is patient, kind, knowlegeable and direct. Very Good Teacher.
· Violin · In studio 4.5 Stars! - Nicole is very patient, and willing to work with a beginner, to get through all of the little hurdles that come with starting any new instrument.