- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Dear Parents and Students,
May I be a personal tutor for you or your child? I have been successfully tutoring for over 12 years. I have great references, and I am one of the top tutors because I am so easy to work with. I teach in person, or via TakeLessons classroom, telephone, Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Join.me, Appear.in, Screenhero (remote desktop, screen sharing) interactive whiteboards, as well as email attachments (PDF, Word, Excel, etc.) I graduated with honors, Summa Cum Laude from Case Western Reserve University, where I made the Dean's List. I also earned a Provost Academic Scholarship for my excellent test scores, including 34 in ACT mathematics and 780 in SAT mathematics.
In addition to teaching for Cleveland schools, I currently teach 20 private sessions each week, 1st through 12th grade, as well as college students and business professionals. I have also served on the faculty at Cuyahoga Community College.
I am patient, friendly and many students tell me that I explain concepts more effectively than their teachers. I am available weekdays or weekends, days or nights, throughout the entire year. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding my experience and teaching methods. While it should go without saying, I have a clean background that has been verified by the FBI and BCII. Let me know if you would like to set up an introductory lesson to design a customized strategy. There is no obligation to continue unless a customer is 100% satisfied.
I am one of the Top Five Tutors for:
1. most diverse subject matter
2. widest student age range
3. farthest geographical regions
4. largest client base
5. most hours taught monthly
Please note: I have set up my billing in thirty minute increments. Thus, I am able to offer lessons of varying lengths. However, I would appreciate longer sessions. I thank you for your time and consideration and look forward to being at your service!
My subjects include:
ACT, SAT, PSAT, NMSQT - undergraduate admissions
GMAT, GRE - graduate admissions
ISEE, HSPT, SSAT, TACHS, COOP - high school admissions
ASVAB, AFQT, ASTB-E, OAR - armed forces placement
TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC - English as a Second Language
PARCC, AIR AST, OAA, OGT, ITBS, STAAR, GED, HiSET, TABE - proficiency
HESI-A2, ATI TEAS V, NLN-PAX-RN, C-NET-RN, NET, DAT - nursing and dental
Mathematics: algebra I and II, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary
English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL
Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, analyzing, citations
Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks
Special Needs: ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism, Asperger's, study skills
Music: theory, ear training, sight singing, improvisation, saxophone
Job Seeking: resume writing, cover letters, T-Letters, LinkedIn, job search techniques
Professional Services: bookkeeping, AP/AR, property management, office automation
*** Studio Equipment ***
Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Laptops
*** Travel Equipment ***
Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Laptops
The ATA was founded in 2001 and has since certified over 6,000 tutors. In addition to creating standards for the industry, the ATA also provides a host of support services to professional tutors.
The NTA was formed in 1992 for the purpose of establishing a membership organization for tutoring professionals. The NTA is dedicated exclusively to tutoring, and represents the interests of thousands of tutors in the U.S. and thirteen other countries, practicing in all phases of tutoring, program administration, and supplemental student services.
· Microsoft Office · Online Excellent communication skills, very proficient with his skill set.
· GRE · Online He knows his math subjects and material and I have learned new tricks to make working problems quicker. He is punctual and organized and I greatly appreciate that as well.
· Microsoft Excel · Online Matthew was a great instructor for Intermediate level Excel training. He was able to help me with navigational tips and shortcuts, formulas and totals between sheets within one spreadsheet, as well as understanding Vlookup functionality. I highly recommend Matthew if you are in need of Excel training.
· Algebra 1 · Online Matthew finds a simple and clear way to help me understand all the areas I have to work on.
· GMAT · Online I hired Matt to specifically help me prepare for the Quantitative section of the GMAT. We met online for several 2 hour tutoring sessions over the course of a month. Matt was very understanding of my busy work schedule and worked our appointments around this. During our tutoring sessions, Matt did a great job of explaining and helping me solve GMAT exam practice problems. He is very friendly and laid back, while also being an utmost professional. I highly recommend him for any of your graduate school level exam preparations.
· Saxophone · In home We switched my son from clarinet to saxophone in the middle of the school year and hired Matt to help get him caught up with his bandmates. Matt relates very well to an 11 year-old boy, and although he was serious and got to work immediately, he put Josh at ease from the start. I was initially worried that a 90 minute lesson would push the limits of my son's endurance, but he has really enjoyed the sessions, and the longer time has been very beneficial. Overall a 100% positive experience
· LSAT · Online Exc dialog/connect that Matt picked up on fairly quickly. He became familiar with my learning style; I became familiar with his teaching style. A win-win for both!