Graduated with a Piano performance diploma from Chula vista School of performing arts division, have taught several students in many fields including but not limited to: Spanish, Piano (beginner-Intermidiate), Vocal Development etc. I am very friendly and personable, but also professional. When students come to me with problems, I will do what ever it takes to bring them to the solution. My motto is, a problem is just another opportunity for you to do your best.
- I have taught/, for 4 years. Ranging in many subjects such as Spanish, English, SAT Prep, Vocal Instruction, Piano Instruction, and Musical Performance.
- Choir Director/ Conductor Jan 2010 - Present
- I am a music director for the San Diego Churches of Christ. I've taught the San Diego Church of Christ Fellowship for 5 years. I have led worship for even longer, and i love it.
- Worship intern May 2014 - Sep 2014
- Dallas/ Fortworth Church of Christ
- Led worship, produced music, directed choirs, taught assorted parts to part singers.
- I Speak 3 languages fluently
- I am a certified member of the National Association of Music Educators
- I have received awards in the fields of Voice and Piano for outstanding professionalism, & Excellency
- I am presently teaching ages 5-65, with the exception of one enthusiastic 67 year old.
- Love my job, and am passionate, above all i will make you excited about the field of study you choose
*** Lesson Details ***
These details change depending on, whether you would like musical training or academic tutoring.
Music is fun and the lessons should be as well. When it comes to practice I recommend that students do spend time (1/2-1hour daily) outside of the lessons practicing to ensure that they see results. If you choose to practice only while in the lesson you will get better but it will be at a slower pace.
- Start with quick warm ups (these work to increase students fluidity with their instrument)
- Work technique
- Assign repertoire depending on skill level.
- Work on assigned repertoire
- Work on technical aspect of the pieces.
Your student will learn much more about their capabilities and their instrument as they will learn many aspects of Music Theory.
I teach beginning- advanced piano lessons touching on posture, hand position, rhythm training, sight-reading, expression, and pop/jazz chord charts. If you want to learn how to play songs by ear that you hear on the radio, I can train you how to do that too! Once I feel that you have surpassed my ability to help you grow, I will be happy to pass you on to a more experienced teacher and attend all of your future recitals.
I teach voice beginner-professional, which includes classical repertoire and technique as well as Musical Theatre, Pop, Rock, Standards, Country, RnB,...you name it. The best part is that you will learn to sing in a manner that will not damage your instrument and in fact will work to fortify your instrument.
- Start with introduction to the standard.
- Work on problems with material.
- Present new methods to reach a solution.
- Work on all assigned work.
- Work on future work to give the student an academic advantage.
I am a hard working tutor that will bring the joy of the subject to our sessions of tutoring. I am strict at times, however, some of my students have referred to me as mellow. I will strive to bring your student up to speed and surpass even their own expectations. I love my students, and I want to see them succeed.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, Recording equipment etc.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Casio Keyboard Piano, sheet music, and much more equipment as needed.
*** Specialties ***
Classical Piano, Classical Voice, English Literature, Spanish Linguistics
I am a music director for the San Diego Churches of Christ. I've taught the San Diego Church of Christ for 3 years. I have led worship for even longer, and i love it.
Led worship, produced music, directed choirs, taught assorted parts to part singers.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.