I am a professional bass player who has worked on hundreds of recordings and has performed with many symphony orchestras worldwide.
I have a Doctorate in Composition and have taught many students in both orchestration and composition.
Please read my reviews for student feedback.
Played bass on hundreds of movies in the last 35 years
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Upright Bass · Online I just finished a series of online upright bass lessons with Dr. Norman. It's wonderful to have a lesson without toting the bass around town. Dr. Norman is impressive in skill and knowledge. There was nothing musically he didn't know, couldn't explain, or demonstrate on the bass. He has a keyboard at hand to play chords or emphasize a particular key, and he is proficient on that too. Dr. Norman is A++.
· Upright Bass · Online Dr. Norman is a great teacher. He works well with my 14 year old son. I would highly recommend him.
· Upright Bass · Online Tomas loved his first lesson with Dr. Norman. Dr. Norman provides a structured environment, something Tomas needs to thrive.
· Upright Bass · Online Norman was extremely qualified and talented. His lessons were suited to my individual needs and he answered the questions and worked with me to make the most out of my level and limited lesson time. I have learned a great deal and this experience with Norman was well worth the time and money. I am grateful for his lessons.
· Upright Bass · Online Dr. Norman L. teaches via skype, he is in LA and my son is on the east coast. I choose Norman as a teacher for my son due to his experience and credentials. He is both an educator and a musician. Norman received 5 stars due to his personality, knowledge and teaching methods. My son enjoys his lesson because the teacher adapts his teaching style to accommodate my son's current string bass skill level, playing ability and his learning style. Alex recommends Dr. Norman L. for a teacher for any string bass player.
· Upright Bass · Online I am not a bass player, but I am composing for the double bass. And so Dr. Norman's expertise in both the bass and composition makes him uniquely qualified for my purposes. He certainly knows both musical endeavors extremely well. I am particularly pleased with his enthusiasm and interest, and his willingness to follow the lesson with additional resources he sends me. In addition, he is a good guy and easy to make friends with.