- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*Edit: I am flexible to teaching younger students (no younger then 10) but the lessons must be in person at my studio, or at your home. No online lessons
Hi, my name is Kory, and I am currently an under graduate at Cal Poly Pomona studying Music and Business.
I have been playing guitar for over 10 years, and have taught guitar to dozens of students over the last 4-5 years. I also study recording and production, and have played in Cal Poly's Jazz Combo, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, and Concert Choir (For more specific info, you can check out the "experience" section of my page).
In addition, I song-write and record music with my band, "Search For Delicious," a group of close friends from High School. You can check us out on Facebook and Bandcamp, and in the videos below.
My personal philosophy to teaching is that every student is a unique individual. I always start by connecting with the student, and figuring out what interests/goals they have in mind. Then I craft a lesson plan that will help them achieve their goals, and work with their strengths and weaknesses. I practice patience and friendliness, and always do my best to inspire, motivate, and teach hard work/perseverance.
Teaching and music are both passions that I put my all into. I have experience teaching many individuals of a wide range of ages, sexes, backgrounds, and musical experience, and I can guarantee, whether you're a beginner, or a very experienced player, you will see results
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide an acoustic guitar, picks, a chord, an amp. I expect the student to have either an acoustic or electric guitar to be able to practice with, but if they don't I can cover him/her.
*** Specialties ***
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Singing, Songwriting, Recording, Music Theory, Ear Training
Genres: Indie, Alternative, Pop, Punk, Acoustic, Rock, Surf, Metal, Jazz, Electronic, Psychedelic
I sing Bass and Baritone in Cal Poly's Vocal Jazz Ensemble. It is a much smaller group then Concert Choir (about 10 people) and have performed songs such as "Desafinado," "The Pink Panther," and some pop songs by Bruno Mars and Pentatonix
I tutored music majors in music theory I, II and III
I work with the music teacher Suzanne Jones at Nightingale Middle School (Now John F. Kennedy High School since 2016) l and teach kids how to play guitar and how to work together as a band.
I played lead/rhythm guitar and bass in my High School Jazz Band, and in Jazz Combo at Cal Poly Pomona. We played standard jazz tunes, and reinterpretations of pop and experimental songs.
I was a Baritone in Cal Poly Pomona's Concert Choir. That year we sang Carmina Burana, a famous classical piece over an hour long, with over 17 different sections
I worked under the No Child Left Behind organization, and drove to students homes to tutor them
· Guitar · In home Wow! Kory is more than we expected. He is truely a professional. My daughter really liked him and looks forward to learning guitar. She said he has energy and is amazing. He is very easy to talk to and follow his instructions. Thank you for referring Kory to our family. We could not have found a better teacher.
Sincerely, The Clark's
· Guitar · In home Kory was really nice and knowledgeable and made my daughter feel comfortable when he was teaching. He is a skilled musician and a good teacher.
· Guitar · In studio So enjoyed learning from Kory....he gets me....he fine tuned the lesson to the way I learn and what I want to learn...plus...he explains technical dynamics in a simple and clear manner. He made the lesson fun AND exciting...I was getting stuff that should have been taught to me a long time ago....This is gonna be fun!!
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Have been with Kory for a little while now, great teacher! Would definitely recommend.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home My 11-year old son is excited to have more lessons after the first one. He has been practicing for his next lesson. I give Kory 5 stars because my son's attitude is a reflection of Kory's teaching style.
· Guitar · Online great
· Singing · Online Kory was very nice, patient and gave some good tips.
We had some tech. difficulty with Skype and sound issues but otherwise went well.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Really knows how to guide you in the right directions
· Guitar · In home So far very happy & excited for my first 3 lessons. Kory very professional, accommodating & excellent guitar teacher.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent Teacher