- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- December 2007
Hi! As a music educator, I have been active since graduating with my music performance bachelor's degree from Mason Gross Rutgers University in 2006.
I believe music offers invaluable lessons for developing creativity, hard-work ethic and self-awareness.
I consider myself to be an easy-going but effective teacher. Students have told me that I'm patient and great at explaining difficult things.
Prior to the first lesson, I will ask you for some background information about the student's experience with music
(lessons/teachers, listening habits, attention/focus, etc.).
During each lesson, we will go over fundamental techniques, songs and improving overall musicianship.
Performed gospel music in the 6-piece worship group
• Learned, memorized and played new gospel repertoire every week
• Arranged music without written music or charts for a group consisting of two organs, drums, bass, saxophone and guitar
Provide music for weddings and parties for up to two hours. Music includes repertoire from the pop, rock, classical, jazz or traditional genre. “As a guitar-violin duo, we can play quietly and set the tone for an intimate dinner party with well-known popular or jazz classics. We can also play traditional songs appropriate for that treasured sentimental moment during a wedding ceremony.”+ Read More
Organized, booked and performed for duo, trio, and quartet in various performance settings
• Hosted Weekly Jazz Jam sessions at Old Bay-New Brunswick, NJ May 2005-July 2005
• Performed with group at Cecil’s Jazz-West Orange, NJ August 2006
• Weekly performance at the Spring Grill-Rutherford, NJ April 2008-July 2008
• Love Bakery performance every other week-Jersey City, NJ March 2009-February 2010
• Music Director at Gammeok Restaurant-Fort Lee, NJ January 2012 – March 2013
• Weekly lessons for students of various ages and skill levels, learning to play popular, classical and jazz music on the guitar
• Coached student bands consisting of middle and high school students for annual concert at CJC music studio
• Areas of focus during lessons include: note reading, right and left hand technique, chords shapes and strumming, scales, arpeggios, improvising, ear training and music theory
• Basic piano lessons for ages 7-9
• Bass guitar lessons for beginners and intermediate level students