- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- September 2007
Josh is a Brooklyn based musician specializing in woodwind instruments, improvisation, composition and electronic music. With over a decade of teaching experience with a large range of age groups, Josh’s teaching style is very broad and specifically tailored to students individual needs. Josh is currently working as co-founder of the Teacup Music Program for students of all ages located at the Park Church Co-op in northern Brooklyn.
- Graduated Cum Laude from the University of North Florida with a B.S in Jazz Performance
- Recipient of the Bright Futures Scholarship
- Recipient of the Pride Award for Writing and Music
- Frequently published in the Ableton Forum
- CPR Certified
- Amelia Island Jazz Festival
- Pangaea Project @ The Venture Compound
- Morgan Avenue Underground
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to provide a place to teach and all of the necessary equipment instrument and instructional material.
*** Specialties ***
Classical and Jazz as well as more advanced recording techniques
While studying music in Jacksonville I taught lessons to students of all ages on subjects ranging from beginning saxophone and guitar to music theory/compositional training.
At LCC Day School I taught students ranging from 3-10 studying piano, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet and flute.
Josh is very patient with me being an older student, and has a very friendly personality. I would recommend him to any student!
Josh was a kind, patient teacher and mentor. I am a string player completely new to the world of woodwinds and Josh helped me navigate all the basic challenges involved with learning an instrument. Two thumbs up!!