- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jeremy E. Smith is a professional musician and brass educator based in Central Ohio. Jeremy completed his Master’s degree in Trombone Performance at Carnegie Mellon University. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Instrumental Performance from Grace College. In 2013, Jeremy was appointed to the position of bass trombone with the Huntington Symphony Orchestra. In addition to playing with Huntington, Jeremy is a member of the Opera Project Columbus Orchestra, and has performed with the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra, the Mansfield Symphony, the New Albany Symphony Orchestra, the Knox County Symphony, the Masterworks Festival Orchestra, the Dublin Silver Band, and the Wagon Wheel Theater. In addition to these ensembles, Jeremy traveled with the King’s Brass for a year, and performed over 120 concerts across the country.
Outside of performing, Jeremy has taught at the collegiate level at Kenyon College and Mount Vernon Nazarene University. As an educator, he has been a presenter and guest artist at Ohio University, Marshall University, the North Carolina Trombone Festival and many local high schools. Currently, Jeremy is in demand as an online music teacher with a studio of students across the country.
An Online Resource for Brass Musicians
Traveled across the country with a brass ensemble giving over 120 concerts during the year.
The general purposes of the International Trombone Association shall be: To promote communications among trombonists around the world, to improve the artistic level of performance, teaching, and literature associated with the trombone family and to function as a clearing house for trombone-related ideas and information
· Trombone · Online Jeremy has a very friendly personality and is clearly very proficient on the trombone. Looking forward to more lessons.
· Euphonium · Online My son has been taking lessons for a few weeks now and I can say that this has been a very good decision for us. Jeremy is easygoing and patient. My son enjoys the lessons and taking them via Skype is super easy. If low brass is your thing, Jeremy is your teacher.
· Tuba · Online Jeremy has been great in relating to my junior high age son playing tuba. Developing a rapport via online lessons was a natural progression for the YouTube generation. Jeremy was encouraging and helped develop and grow technical skills to move from last chair to first chair and promoted to next band in the next semester! The ease and flexibility in scheduling allows him to continue in his lessons through busy concert seasons. Looking forward to adding his younger brother to the lesson with Jeremy soon!
· Trombone · Online Jeremy is a fantastic trombone instructor. He demonstrates gentle patience, while maintaining very high standards. My son has accomplished so much in a relatively short period of time. Excellent teacher! Recommend without reservation.
· Tuba · Online My son had Tuba lessons with Jeremy for almost 2 years and really enjoys it. Jeremy is very professional and knowledgable. Highly recommended.
· Trombone · Online Jeremy smith has always been my favorite instructor. He makes things interesting and is fun to learn from. He is encouraging and instructing. 5 stars !
· Trombone · Online He is not afraid to challenge kids. I'm learning a lot.
· Trumpet · Online David (11) has been working with Jeremy for a while now and he's had some rocky patches (getting braces and worse, getting an expander!) but Jeremy was there encouraging David the whole way and sure enough, you can play the trumpet with all that extra metal in your mouth after all!
David also has Brass at school but prefers his sessions with Jeremy where they are centered around David's specific needs and current goals. We have seen such an improvement in both David's ability and confidence which translates directly into more enjoyment playing his chosen instrument, the trumpet.
· Trumpet · Online Great lesson. I actually wrote a review eariler as I didn't realize I'd be prompted by take lessons to post after the lesson so I don't want to write up the same things. I would like to point out that my easily stressed son isn't very stressed about getting braces now that he has Jeremy's support and experience to fall back on.
· Trumpet · Online Bit of a first month update. Jeremy is better than expected (and this was a good expectation based on my son's first lesson). I played piano and yet I find none of that knowledge seems to lend itself to trumpet, plus I have no ear for the trumpet. David (my son) can hear himself with a bad buzz but it all sounds the same to me. But back to Jeremy, even though David has been playing Trumpet for a little over a year I had no idea how many basics he was never taught! And Jeremy picked right up on where his knowledge is lacking and they are already rocking through basics I thought David would have learned in Band or at least in Brass/Percussion class. So just really thrilled (both my and my son) that Jeremy quickly saw where David's knowledge was lacking and is already improving his confidence and ability in such a short time.