- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello, my name is Jennifer and I have over a decade of experience in teaching, conducting, and performing in the Boston-area. I teach from my home studio in Quincy, Ma and am accepting new students at this time. I look forward to working with you to develop your singing voice, musical literacy, and confidence in performing. I train students in the Italian Bel Canto (beautiful singing) method because it builds strong and healthy voices. I welcome children over age five, older beginners, intermediate students, and amateurs. I believe every student deserves quality musical and vocal training, regardless of whether they intend to pursue a musical career or not. As a teacher and singer, I focus mainly on classical singing which develops a good foundation for other genres. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Soloist and performer for entertainment company in the Greater Boston area. Frequent performances of all kinds. Requires musical flexibility, engaging the audience, and strong singing skills.
I have worked as a soprano soloist at various churches in the Boston area for Christmas, Easter, and other services.
I conduct a newly-formed and growing community chorus based in Cambridge and Quincy, MA which gives concerts throughout the Boston area.
I was the voice teacher for a studio of twelve beginner singing students ranging from ages five to sixteen years of age. I developed a program of appropriate repertoire such as musical theater and simple songs, and the use of musical games for the younger children. As a result, these young people were inspired to continue their musical studies into the future.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
The mission of Boston Singers' Resource is to support and strengthen the New England singing community by providing services and a centralized resource for singers, vocal organizations, and others who are interested in singing.
· Classical Voice · In home Since working with Jen, I feel as though my musicianship skills have improved, and my sightsinging ability has gotten stronger. We work on technique and fundamentals every class and try to start a new piece every few weeks. Five stars do not give her justice!
· Singing · In studio I have been working with Jen on music for over ten years. Just recently, in the last 6 months or so, I went to her to help me tackle a specific problem in my voice. Within just a few lessons, she developed an insight into how to help me, and we began to make real progress. I now have a specific pathway in which I am confident that with persistent work, I can overcome this problem. Jen has real insight into the human voice, and true compassion and patience when working with others.
· Singing · Jen is a phenomenal teacher. She is very caring, passionate about making music and is always looking for ways to learn more and enhance the musical life in the community. She has a Bachelor's Degree from the prestigious Indiana University School of Music in Voice Performance, and continues to perform and conduct regularly. I strongly recommend her as a voice instructor!