I first began teaching when I was in undergraduate school as a music major. I was a teaching assistant for an introduction to music theory class. It was always encouraging for me to see people grow in their understanding of music and to apply that knowledge in a meaningful way. From that point on, I sought for further opportunities to teach others the wonders of music and how it could transform their life in such a meaningful way. This led me to work at a piano store near to the college as a beginner piano instructor and teaching guitar, bass guitar, and piano on my own through private instruction.
I've always saw teaching as an opportunity to share with others what was given to me in a judgment free way. I also know for myself that people learn in different ways and at a different pace. Because of that, I always take each student from where they're at and help them to grow in a way that is most natural for them. This helps the learning process become really enjoyable, which often results in retaining what we learn.
As for me, I began playing guitar at the ripe old age of 13. Later on, I picked up other instruments as well. I currently play for two different bands and take great pride and joy in doing so. I am also a lifelong learner and to continue to grow in my studies of music. It is my belief that as long as we are alive, it is an opportunity to grow. Won't you therefore join with me as we grow together in this journey of understanding.
Play acoustic, electric, and bass guitar for hymns and contemporary Christian music for two weekly services and other special occasions as assigned
Prepared and performed hymns and contemporary Christian music on acoustic and bass guitar for two weekly services as assigned
Provide individual piano, guitar, and bass training for adolescents and adults
Plan individual lessons and overall schemes of work for pupils
Developing knowledge of materials and repertoire for students at different stages of their musical development
Provide beginner and intermediate piano instruction to children, adolescents, and adults
Plan individual student lessons plans determined of personal interests and level of performance development
Teaching Assistant for Foundations of Music
Assisted with grading of theory homework, ear training, and leading tutoring sessions
· Acoustic Guitar · Online My daughter had a great first lesson. I can't wait to see how much she improves with her new teacher, Jason
· Piano · In home Jason was very nice. Worked well with Tori. Very patient & creative. Looking forward to years of lessons for Tori.
· · In studio One of the lasting joys of life is being able to sit down in your living room alone and play your guitar or keyboard. And you can play for the rest of your life. Now that is a bargain. Jason Menagio can help you make that dream come true with his passion for playing and teaching. Once you get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment that accompanies learning to play music, just like a hole in one on the golf course, no one can take it away. I have taught for 50 years and recognize in Jason a unique ability to not only teach the fundamentals, understand the psychology behind it, but also to feel the passion of music. That sets him apart.
· Bass Guitar · In studio I have been playing music with Jason at Community Bible Church since 2015. He has a big heart for music and is a pleasure to work with.
He is a consummate professional and would be a great music teacher. I would highly recommend him for lessons!
· Guitar · Online Jason is a great instructor and really helped me to understand chord shapes and how to apply them to the songs I wanted to play. I would highly recommend him to others who want to learn guitar and grow to be a better musician.
· · Jason is a very solid technical player. His knowledge of music theory and stage experience make him a valuable resource for students. Combine that with his diligent work ethic and love of music and you can't miss with this guy!
· Bass Guitar · In home Jason is a great player and will help students develop their skills and get to the next level! Give him a call!!