- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Elizabeth L. has studied music from the age of six. At nine, she began taking harp lessons with Elizabeth Motter, formerly of the Illinois Symphony and currently of the Cincinnati Symphony.
Elizabeth spent many summers furthering her studies at various harp camps around the world. In the summer of 1995, she attended Benslow harp camp in Benslow, England.
In the summer of 1996, she studied with Alice Spero Keene at the University of Illinois summer camp in Champaign-Urbana. In 1998, she attended the summer harp course at Indiana University where she studied with Susanne McDonald.
At the age of 14, Interlochen Arts Academy accepted her into their program for high school. Interlochen is a boarding arts high school in northern Michigan, which offers a college preparatory study with emphasis on any given art form. She studied harp with Joan Raeburn Holland for four years.
She attended and graduated from Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri completing her Bachelors of Music in harp performance. She studied with Ayako Watanabe of the St. Louis Symphony.
Elizabeth performed with the St. Louis Youth Symphony from 2002-2006. She performed with Webster University Symphony from 2002-2006, and occasionally performed with the St. Louis Symphony. She has performed at the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Springfield, Illinois for over ten years, as well as Springfield, Illinois Muni. She has performed at the St. Louis Fox Theater for Norwegian singer Sissel. She plays for weddings, parties, receptions, restaurants, and teaches private harp lessons. She currently works for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Elizabeth has three CD's, two of which are available for purchase on iTunes.
*** Lesson Details ***
Whether you are interested in making music your career or playing for pure enjoyment, all kinds are welcome! It is never too late to share in the excitement of music.
Classical, celtic, and popular: there are many genres of music to enjoy. I believe in teaching the standard classical repertoire as a solid structure from which to build.
I will make arrangements with the student/parent(s) to find the proper instrument and tools needed for the lessons.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lyon & Healy harp, style 100
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Classical and have branched out to Popular, Jazz, Broadway Musicals and Celtic music. I sub in several orchestras around central Florida, play weddings and background gigs. It is important to be versatile, and that is my personal goal as a musician. My goal as a teacher is to impart this love of music to my students, and encourage all learning and playing opportunities.
I perform harp solo (classical, celtic, jazz, popular, broadway, etc.) for dinner at a 5 diamond restaurant at Walt Disney World. I gig throughout the year with bigger ensembles.
On occasion I take extra gigs outside my full-time job. These include performances of Benjamin Britten's "Ceremony of Carols", the off-broadway musical "The Fantasticks", and Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" Ballet.
I perform around Central Florida and stay busy with my own practice schedule.
· Harp · Online Elizabeth is great! Super patient and encouraging, even when you work on the same measure a million times in a row. I'm glad I chose her as my teacher :)
· Harp · Online Fantastic instructor with great patience. My daughter started as a beginner, and has learned so much from Ms. Elizabeth! Highly recommended!!!
· Harp · Online Amazing instructor!! Meets me where I am and challenges me to go further!
· Harp · Online Elizabeth is very kind and a great teacher. She explains nicely and at a level the student understands. She gives challenging 'homework', but not unrealistic. Highly recommended!!!
· Harp · Online Elizabeth is an amazing teacher! She was/is able to identify my learning style and meet me where I am musically. She keeps me challenged but successful in my endeavor. Elizabeth is VERY patient and kind and encouraging. I was hesitant about fulfilling my dream of playing the harp (as an adult learner), but am very excited about the progress I am making thanks to her. Elizabeth makes me believe in myself and my ability to learn to play and enjoy the harp!
· Harp · Hello! I would like to know if this teacher can teach me. I have an eight string lily harp and am a beginner. Thanks! :) (You must know I have not had a lesson, but rated her 5 stars anyway, just asking a question)
· Harp · In home As a family, we are delighted to recommend Miss Elizabeth G. as a musical instructor. Not only she is a very successful and accomplished professional musician playing on recognized stages with well renowned international stars, she has “the personal touch” to connect with kids and teach effectively her knowledge.
Miss Elizabeth explains clearly the musical concepts and is very supportive. She can identify the learning style of our daughter and adjusts to optimize her improvement constantly. Personally, our daughter connects very well with her and has develop a great admiration towards her as a role model.
Also, the music classes are giving our daughter more confidence to play in front of audiences and we recognize the improvement in that aspect of our daughter’s personality.
In summary, we are have been blessed to find an outstanding music professional to teach our daughter and we gladly recommend her.
· Harp · In studio I've been taking harp lessons from Elizabeth for 3 years. She helped me to rent a harp until I knew for sure it was going to be fun. It only took one lesson to know I'd love it. Elizabeth is very patient with me. She has helped me to master any problem that arises with great expertise.
She methodically introduces me to knew techniques so that I'm never overwhelmed.
She is always positive about every aspect of teaching. I would recommend her highly!
· Harp · In studio I think Elizabeth is a great teacher, so kind and patient. ^-^ In addition, I really appreciate the personal touches she adds to the lessons, such as inquiring what I would like to play and learn.