- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Grant and I’ve been helping students grow for almost 10 years now! How time flies! I started playing music at the age of 9 and have been in love with it ever since, staying active in my local music scene as an instructor, performer, manager, and booking agent. I have also earned a degree in Creative Writing from Louisiana State University for all of the students wishing improve their writing skills!
In addition to freelance work, (weddings, jazz brunch gigs, etc.) I am the lead guitarist for the Funk/R&B band Water Seed and the soul project RetroFit. I attended Indiana University for jazz guitar and have studied under jazz greats Dan Miller, Corey Christiansen, and Oteil Burbridge.
I pride myself in taking a students learning needs and using that as my basis for their specific lesson plan, always on a case-by-case basis, tailored to each individual student. Everyone is at a different waypoint on their path so why would I use a predetermined formula to try and help them, am I right? I am excited to meet and grow with every single one of you, let's learn to love the life we have and let our studies become radiant!
I teach all kinds of disciplines from guitar, mandolin, banjo, and clarinet, to creative writing, meditation, and even astrology. If you have any questions about my teaching methods, skill level in a certain discipline, or anything thing you can think of I would be more than happy to answer you!
Black Moon Booking was founded in New Orleans, LA by Grant in the year 2015. Grant has worked as a booking agent for SuperFunk Productions and SpeakEasy Productions based out of Baton Rouge, LA, where he also received a BA in English from Louisiana State University.
Black Moon Booking is dedicated to establishing communications between venues and artists to help enrich the live music experience via professional business practices. Creating lasting relationships and an open and kind line of communication between venues and artists is key to BMB's goals in the music industry.
I have performed with many talented groups ranging in genre from Funk, R&B, Bluegrass, Jazz, Wedding, and Spiritual. Some of these groups include Water Seed, Captain Green, Third House Rising, The Easy, and Souled Out.
· Guitar · Online Grant is a great teacher! Very patient and understanding. He's always finding the best way to approach the lesson based on where I'm at and where I'd like to go.
· Guitar · In studio I've had the pleasure of knowing, learning, and working with Grant for about 7 years now. His knowledge and prowess are considerable & his gentle nature, lightheartedness, and ability to listen actively make him approachable, helpful, & enjoyable to be around. I hold Grant's perspective & outlook in high regard and find myself genuinely appreciating his insight whenever we meet. I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in developing any skill he's teaching.
· Blues Guitar · In studio Just started taking lessons with Grant, but I am looking forward to working with him for a long time.
· Blues Guitar · Online
· Guitar · Online Great experience!
· Banjo · Online As good as one can expect from online lesson. You will get better with him
· Ukulele · Online Grant was able to feel out my interest and musical level surprisingly quickly and get me going toward MY goal. I felt more comfortable than expected and came away encouraged in my goals. Looking forward to more.
· Banjo · Online
· Ukulele · Online I think this is my 4th lesson with Grant and he's covering so much with me. He is patient and knowledgeable and gets me excited to learn more for the next week. He's perfect as a teacher.
· Mandolin · Online Great Class today. Grant is so patient with me.