- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Express yourself, with jazz, classical, pop, broadway, sacred, or folk singing! Learn to use your voice as a natural, comfortable instrument to express your creativity and have fun. Students will learn how to expand their vocal range, increase vocal projection, power and agility, how to read notation and phrasing, access the power of breathing, read and sing in foreign languages, stage presence and acting a song's message, audition techniques, and how to stay calm under performance pressure.
My teaching philosophy falls between technique, structure, and creative freedom, a delicate balance which is a key to successful instruction in the performing arts. Students are encouraged to use music as an outlet for personal expression, healing, and channeling creative energies.
A typical lesson consists of:
--Physical and vocal warm ups
--Exercises targeted to building vocal technique
--Developing a portfolio of performance-ready songs that vary in genre, style and difficulty.
I hold a B.A. in Vocal Performance from University of Minnesota in Vocal Performance and have been teaching since 2007. I'm an active performer, educator and entrepreneur with a side span of participation in the vocal arts and theatre community. Solo and ensemble performances include "Le Nozze di Figaro," "Rent," "The Mikado," "Heidi," "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," choral performances with the San Diego Symphony, Sacra Profana, private events and jazz/cabaret shows. I've taught in private, community, and K-12 settings, including Gymboree, Young Audiences of San Diego, Junior Theatre of Balboa Park, San Diego Unified School District, and Cajon Valley School District. In 2007 I founded Prodigy School of Arts, a school for the visual and performing arts in La Jolla, CA, which she sold to new ownership in 2013. In my spare time I enjoy surfing, yoga, travel, languages, and dance.
Private instruction for beginning through advanced vocal students of all ages and styles.
Associate director for high school musical theatre productions Point Loma High School, Clairemont High School, and Thurgood Marshall Middle School. Responsibilities include music direction of all solo and ensemble numbers, accompaniment, orchestral and/or choral integration, digital track alignment, foundational vocal training, scene study and character development.
Soprano singer and core substitute singer for Sacra/Profana, one of San Diego's premier vocal ensembles. Performances with the San Diego Symphony.
Musical theatre actress for productions of "RENT" and "Evita".
Group and private instructor for piano, vocals, speaking and acting.
Instrumental, vocal, and acting instruction for public school settings, including music history, theory, instrumental technique, scene and song study, and cross-curriculum lessons.
Classroom instructor for ages 6 months to 4 years, in music and art classes designed for Mommy-and-Me.
Curriculum design and classroom instruction for musical theatre summer camps, ages 5-17. Vocal training, music theory, scene study, character development, choreography, staging, and final presentation.
Testing and certification in the science and technique behind how the voice works, including anatomy, breath support, resonance, break areas, harmonics, vowel modification.
Preschool classroom music instruction certification.
The Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) is a comprehensive non-profit professional membership organization. Founded in 1986, ATHE serves the interests of its diverse individual and organizational members, including college and university theatre departments and administrators, educators, graduate students, and theatre practitioners
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Speaking Voice · In home Erin has been an amazing instructor so far! I bought a package of 5 classes and will most definitely be buying more asap!
To say I had some work to do in improving my speaking voice and tonality would be a huge understatement, but I have seen awesome progress in only 3 classes with Erin! I look forward to these lessons every week because Erin keeps the classes fun and relaxed! She also makes you feel comfortable to try new things with your voice and really pushes your limits (in the best way possible).
She has already helped me tremendously with my breath, tonality and just generally being aware of how I use my voice. If you are in sales (like me) and want to sound better on the phone or in front of clients --- TAKE HER CLASSES! She will absolutely help you achieve your goals
· Singing · In studio Erin is fantastic. We were visiting San Diego and my daughter wanted to continue singing lessons while here. My daughter loved her lessons! Next time we are back in town we will definitely schedule more lessons!
· Singing · In home Erin is fantastic. She's incredibly knowledgeable in vocal technique and makes the lessons fun and enjoyable. She has a very laid back style but gets the job done!
· Speaking Voice · In home Maximum Kudos. Greatly exceeded expectations. Erin knowledgeably explains complex concepts thoroughly and in terms I could easily understand--and put to use. She diligently follows up each lesson with a complete recap of topics as well as helpful exercises to prepare for the next lesson. At the initial lesson Erin immediately discerned several basic voice characteristics on which I could work. I have complete trust in her and unreservedly recommend Erin to anyone wishing to improve their speaking voice.
· Vocal Training · In studio Erin was our daughter's first vocal teacher. She not only gained a great foundation in singing, but also learned to greatly increase her vocal range! Erin was always personable, patient, knowledgeable and encouraging! We recommend her highly!!
· Singing · In studio Erin taught piano and singing to our two daughters for 4 years. She cultivated and inspired their love of music, piano, singing. Erin delivered excellent results. She made it fun for our children, but also pushed them to their full potential. Erin is extremely personable, extremely smart, extremely inspiring.