- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm lead vocalist, lead guitarist & songwriter for a well-known touring rock band with a worldwide fan base and over 3 million youtube views. I graduated from New York University with Bachelor's of Music in jazz guitar, and am currently teaching around 50 lessons a week to students ranging in ability from beginner to professional. My versatility, experience and formal training helps me to make the learning experience easy, stress free and fun.
Currently, I play in 3 active bands gigging regularly & produce artists for their own projects. I spent much of the past 15 years touring, writing and recording for my bands and with internationally known artists/celebrities. My songs have been licensed for national/international TV (E!, MTV, VH1, Oxygen, TBS and more) and in video games.
Last year, I signed a major label publishing deal with Fieldhouse Music/BMG played throughout Europe (and taught online lessons while away). Since 2014, I have released 5 singles and two EPs and in early 2017 another two EPs. I am currently endorsed by PRS guitars, Elixir Strings, & Godin Guitars/Bass Guitars.
I teach my clients in my creative and comfortable home teaching studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I work with singers, guitarists/bassists, pianists & songwriters/producers/composers in a wide age range, assorted skill levels with a variety of musical goals.
Some of the musical styles I regularly teach: Rock, Indie Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative, Pop, Punk, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Soul, R&B, Classical.
I'm highly experienced as an online (Skype, Facetime and G+) instructor, teaching online lessons worldwide for the past 4 years to students who reside locally, nationally and even internationally.
*** Lesson Details ***
My students gain expertise in the following techniques and more...
∙ proper breathing & breath support
∙ vocal placement / resonance
∙ vowels and proper modification techniques
∙ bridging registers & 'the high note'
∙ mixed voice
∙ vocal health/maintaining your voice
∙ touring, recording, performing
∙ rhythmic singing
∙ writing songs/melodies/lyrics to suit your vocal strengths
Lead and Rhythm Guitar:
Chord voicing: triads, four note open/closed chord voicing, chord melodies, comping, strumming, finger-style, standard grooves in various styles.
Step-by-step approach to soloing/improvisation: major & minor scales & modes & arpeggios, triads, blues/pentatonic scales and "licks". phrasing & line development over simple & sophisticated harmonic changes.
Alternate/sweep & tremolo picking, hybrid picking, slide guitar, hammer on/pull offs, (up to 8 finger) tapping, bending and whammy techniques, diagonal scale, arpeggios & note groupings and 4 finger scales.
finger style, pick &
Groove, rhythms and playing time
Time signatures, walking bass lines,
arpeggios, double stops,
chords & improvising
Writing bass lines.
**All of my students learn:
Sight reading (standard notation/tablature)
Music Theory & Ear Training
Rhythm / Timing (including reading rhythms)
We will focus 1/2 of the lesson on repertoire and 1/2 the lesson on technique. Many of my students text/email me a few days prior to our scheduled lesson with a song selection for the week. I focus our lesson's technical study with the song in mind. It has proven to be very effective and makes the technique and theory are less "boring."
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have (7) guitars: including (4) electric, (2) acoustic/electric, & (3) electric bass
(2) tube guitar amplifiers, and various guitar effects pedals.
(1) full-size 88-key MIDI keyboard, (1) 61-key USB keyboard controller, and (1) Arturia MINILAB MIDI controller.
Also, I have an assortment of industry standard dynamic & condenser microphones for live performance and recording applications.
DAW recording software (Pro Tools 12.x, Logic 10.x, Ableton Live)
software synthesizers by Arturia, Fabfilter, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics, Steven Slate, Toontrack and more. I use plugin effects by Izotope, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance and Universal Audio and Waves for many of my lessons and recording projects.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide a guitar, videos, music recording, music workbooks and everything else a student may need... I prefer for students to print chord/fretboard & staff paper and bring to their lessons... Although I can do it if they can't... Students should just bring a list of songs they wish to learn to our lessons and a desire to learn
*** Specialties ***
Rock, Pop, Indie/Alternative, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Punk, EDM / Dance / Electronica, Jazz, Blues, R&B, Funk, Classical and more….I am fluent in the latest recording technology, songwriting/composition, performance coaching, career development. I will help you to find your unique voice, a polished and distinct sound, and your true personality as an artist.
I will recharge your passion for music and making music.
2015 I signed my first major publishing deal with Fieldhouse Music / BMG
I teach students all over the world how to play/sing & compose great music!
I am an experienced producer and currently, write/record/mix music for a wide range of international and US artists, musicians and labels.
I toured, recorded and played 7 shows 6 days a week with the legendary comedian/actress.
Major: Jazz Guitar Performance
Minor: Jazz Composition
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Vocal Training · Online I started with Eric about 4 months ago. I've had one in-person lesson and the rest online (around 15 lessons total). I came in as a complete beginner. He has been patient and worked with me (I think many of his students already have experience). Sometimes he has to explain very basic things to me, and he works hard to explain it in a way that I understand. The benefits I've seen thus far have been better pitch matching (both to a piano and musical pieces) and working on proper placement.
While I think Eric is great and definitely knows his stuff, if you are considering music (or any other skill worth pursuing, really), you're going to get out what you put into it; your instructor will only take you so far. You have to work for it and want it. Eric points me in the right direction and corrects things the best he can in our short time together. My job is to do the work between lessons to ensure I'm constantly improving. Simply having a good instructor will not guarantee success. You have to put in the work and effort, too.
· Vocal Training · In studio Eric is a great teacher! He pushes you and makes sure that you get to your goals as efficiently as you can. If I'm ever back in NYC, I'll be sure to pick up lessons again!
· Singing · Online Update after taking 4 singing lessons. Eric is AWESOME!!! I wish I could give 10 stars!! I achieved my initial goal that was to be able to enjoy singing, and now I want to be good at it! Eric helped me to improve my vocal range - which means I have more selections of song to sing now. Eric made me feel comfortable and confident to practice songs that I've never even thought of trying. Eric is very encouraging and supportive. I just LOVE this singing lesson! I highly recommend Eric to anyone who is interested in taking singing lessons at any levels. I am planning to take this singing lesson for a long time...as long as Eric teaches at Takelessons :)
· Singing · Online
· Acoustic Guitar · Online knows his stuff....daughter loves the lessons.
· Piano · Online chill dude
· Guitar · Online
· Singing · Online I am not a singer. I just wanted to be able to enjoy singing so I decided to take singing lessons with Eric. Before the first lesson, I was super nervous and I even regretted the decision to sign up for it. After the first lesson, I was so glad that I made that decision! Eric was very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging…just like other reviewers said. I had fun and I am looking forward to the next lesson!
· Guitar · Online really liked the lesson.
· Singing · Online