My name is Ehud, I've been combining a teaching and performance career for the past few years. I'm a bassist, composer and band leader and I hold a M.M from the New England Conservatory and a B.M from the Jerusalem Music Academy. In my teaching, I work with students in order on the skills that are required to be a musician, and be able to use music as a language. I enjoy teaching very much, and love seeing how my students make progress and develop.
*** Bio ***
Musical Explosion (Yedioth)
Described as "one of the top Bassists in New York City" by "Blue Monk Moods", Bassist and Composer Ehud E. is internationally renowned as one of the most unique voices in the Jazz and world music scene. His defined approach to the Bass and his captivating performance has quickly made him one of the most on demand Bassists in the United States and in Israel.
As a sideman, Mr. E. has performed with Jazz legends such as Fred Hersch, Georeg Garzone, Eli Degibri and others. He has played in top jazz venues and festivals in Israel, Europe, South America and the US.
As a bandleader, he has released two albums. The first one - "Half Colors Half Voices", a collaboration with Pianist Uriel Herman, immediately captured critic's attention and received excellent reviews from all major Israeli media. The second album - "Heading North" is a quartet album with Pianist Haruka Yabuno, Saxophonist Tal Gur and Drummer Nathan Blankett. The album received great reviews and the band was featured on NPR, Boston Globe (Crtitic's pick) and gained world-wide media attention.
Ehud's current trio with Pianist Daniel Schwarzwald and Drummer Matan Asayag, has performed internationally, and recently recorded a new album (coming soon). Ehud currently resides in the US east coast, and performing in different places around the world.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students are required to have the instrument.
*** Specialties ***
Upright Bass, Guitar, Ear Training, Music Theory, Composition and Improvisation.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
Chamber Music America (CMA) is an American non-profit organization that provides small ensemble professionals with access to a variety of professional development, networking, and funding resources. CMA's regular initiatives include grants, awards, and commissioning programs for ensembles and presenters, a national conference held annually in New York City, and the publication of Chamber Music magazine.
· Bass Guitar · Online Great teacher, super professional!
· Classical Guitar · In home Ehud is very knowledgeable of his profession and patient with my 7 year old boy. Ehud is very patient and flexible when needed, he has tremendous approach and goes right to the point when teaching. I can see my son's improvement week to week. I would recommend him to all students at any age and any level. Best of all he comes to teach my son right at our music room in our house.
· Upright Bass · Online Best teacher ever! That guy takes the time to explain in the best way how to play different techniques and styles, very informative and the best part is- you can take the lesson from the comfort of your home! He gives lessons through Skype and next thing you know you are a professional musician! Highly recommended!
· · I offer these observations on behalf of Ehud E. not as his student, but
rather as an appreciative listener--from a very unusual vantage point. I had
the great privilege of hearing one of the world's greatest bassists, Dave
Holland perform live with Miles Davis, as well as Chick Correa. Notably,
it is Holland with whom Ehud studied in a Master Class. I am doubly blessed
now to be able to continue hearing another of the world's greatest bassists,
Ehud E.--in various live performances.
It bears mentioning that having seen Ehud perform for audiences of
all ages, he has that rare ability to teach us as individuals not only to play our
instruments better, but to be better listeners, as well. He doesn't merely
'perform' for his audience members; he communicates with each of them
intimately, in his own, unique dialect of the universal language of music.
I can only imagine the joy of being his student--and the gift of being
able to witness one's own musicality come alive in the moment, while learning
at his side.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Informative, fun and professional! Great teacher.. I had a blast!