Growing up in a family with myriad different cultural backgrounds, I started early with an appreciation for a broad range of ideas and perspectives. Equally early I developed an immense love for music and sound, picking up drumsticks as my main means of expression.
I worked as the Extreme Music Coordinator as well as Music Director at WBUL, at USF in Tampa, FL; Graduated with an A.S. in Recording Arts and a Masters in Entertainment Business from Full Sail in Orlando, FL.
I then spent almost 2 years teaching English in Japan, playing and recording with several bands there. After moving back to the states, I started performing with bands in my native Florida, as well as participating in various music/dance collaborations, improvisational events, and playing cover band gigs.
After hours I play in an indie band called MCG, do session work, compose, and love exploring my newest home, Austin TX. I look forward to meeting and sharing my love of music with you!
Freelance Audio Engineer/Sound Designer
- Composition for Film/Television/Game/Mobile/Dance
- Design novel SFX, Music, and copy for range of media
- Audio sweetening for VO and Podcasting
- Session Drums, rates for demo or studio quality
Over 15 years of drumming experience
• Drum set, Percussion and Marching Drumline
• Traditional and Match Grip
• Music Theory: Rudiments
• Learn to read music
• Rock, Jazz, blues, extreme music (incl. double bass) and more
• Beginner or Intermediate, Ages 5 - 100 welcome!
· Drum · In studio I've been taking drum lessons from Drew at his studio for a month now and am absolutely loving it. He emphasizes on learning to read music and equips me with the techniques to be proficient at playing. His patience and encouragement create a fun environment and make lessons so engaging. If you're at all interested in learning to play the drums or would like to improve your skill do it! Go with Drew, the coolest drum teacher around.
· Drum · In studio Drew is amazing. His lessons are very comprehensive. He keeps it fun and light and you learn a ton!
· Drum · You surely won't find a nicer person than Drew, and he's an excellent drummer to boot. You'll find him very patient with your learning curve, and sincerely interested in your improvement.
· Drum · Online Drew is one of the very few great recording/mix engineers I know who is also
an incredible drummer. His sense of timing is impeccable. Drew's skills as a groove merchant as well as his ear for sonics makes him one of the few drummers I know I can rely on when I need a drum or percussion track laid down.
· Drum · In studio Absolutely easy to work with. Well articulated, great positive attitude. A blast to learn from!
· Drum · In studio Drew brings some major positivity to his lessons. He's an experienced, performing drummer and has a fluid progression to his teaching style. He also has a firm grasp on any style you can come up with. You learn a lot with Drew because he makes the lessons so much fun!
· Drum · In studio Drew is one of the most generous, patient, and encouraging people I know. You'll love taking lessons from this great drummer and instructor!
· Drum · In studio Drew's amazing, so glad i found him!! Couldn't ask for a better teacher. I'm the best manifestor ever! ; ]