- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
With a Bachelor's degree (major instrument: piano, secondary instrument: voice) and more than 25 years of teaching experience, my students enjoy learning a variety of musical styles, as well as technical skills and music theory to enhance their learning and performance.
I met the piano at the age of 5, and fell in love the first time I sat on the piano bench. I immediately started taking piano lessons and have loved it ever since. I began taking voice lessons as a teenager and also studied organ for 7 years. I love making music, listening to music and sharing music with my students.
I have been a private teacher, choir director, Music Minister, organist, and classroom music teacher for over 25 years. Making music brightens every day.
I am married to a great guy and we have raised two children, both of whom are musicians in their own right. We have recently relocated to the Las Vegas area and I am looking forward to sharing music with the people of the North Las Vegas area.
*** Lesson Details ***
Preparing students to play and perform music for their own enjoyment and the enjoyment of their friends and families is the goal of the piano lesson.
The lesson begins with a review of the technique and songs from the previous lesson. Music theory is included as it applies to the music the student is working on. During the performance of the assigned music the student is shown how to make short exercises of problem sections. Games and improvisation are included as time permits and they apply to the student's music. Self-expression, encouragement and fun are the underlying themes of all we do.
Students are given options for the music they are working on and are encouraged to bring music that they want to play to their lessons. Music is chosen from a variety of styles, including classical, pop, hymns, jazz and movie/show tunes. Students are also taught to play from a lead sheet (melody line and chord symbols) beginning fairly early in their course of study.
*** Studio Equipment ***
5'9" grand piano, recording equipment, games
*** Specialties ***
Substituted in Music classrooms throughout CCSD in choir, band, classroom music. Long-term substitute for Elementary School Music for the 2014-15 school year.
Taught private piano and voice students from beginners through advanced.
Taught choir, band and hambells to grades 9-12. Taught classroom music, choir, handbells to grades K -8.
Selected music, worked with the accompanist and board to put on performances. Directed choir, created rehearsal recordings, scheduled and directed performances for winter and spring sessions.
Coordinated church Music Ministry, including Praise Band, Chancel Choir, Organist/Accompanist. Supervised other staff members, played the piano and organ as necessary, directed the Praise Band and Chancel Choir.
Orff Schulwerk is a system of music education which teaches music content and skills through singing, movement and improvisation. Students learn rhythm and musical notation as a result of the activities in the classroom. Soprano recorder is taught from 3rd grade on.
The American Orff-Schulwerk Association is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman.
Our Mission is to demonstrate the value of Orff Schulwerk and promote its widespread use; to support the professional development of our members; and,
to inspire and advocate for the creative potential of all learners.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Dianne made me feel comfortable & time flew by. I look forward to learning more & I know she can help me achieve my goal.
· Piano · In home Dianne was very helpful and patient with me. She is also very knowledgeable about her craft and makes sure to explain each step in the learning process so that you fully understand what's going on and how to proceed before moving on to the net step.
· Piano · In studio Dianne is a very knowledgeable and patient teacher. She relates very well with my 7 year old granddaughter and makes her feel at ease and eager to learn. I highly recommend Dianne when looking for a piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio My 7 year old son takes piano with Dianne. She teaches at his level of understanding with an amazing amount of patience and encouragement. Her method of teaching is personalized toward his rate of progression. Dianne seems to love teaching and my son looks forward to his lesson each week. She is our favorite music teacher and I would travel across the city to maintain my son's piano lessons with her.
· Piano · In home Dianne is very patient and kind. She is an awesome teacher and my 7-year old has learned an incredible amount from her in just a few months. I highly recommend Dianne. She is a great piano teacher for any age or experience level.
· Piano · In home She's wonderful. She worked well with my daughter and I can't wait to see what she can do.
· Piano · In home I am a new beginner and I never knew how to read or play the piano or any instrument. It has always been my dream to play the piano. Dianne is a very, very good teacher. She takes her time and heart to explain the history behind the piano, along with lessons. She makes me fill like I am part of her family as she welcomes me in her home to take lessons. I look so forward to my next lesson. I rate her five stars plus!!!
· Piano · In studio Dianne is knowledgeable and very thorough in teaching piano.
· Singing · In home I loved it; Dianne was very kind and encouraging! I can't wait for my next lesson!
· Singing · In home Dianne is the most awesome EVER! I am actually starting to believe I can really meet my singing goals. She is so KNOWLEDGEABLE, and she backs her knowledge up with kindness, support, and positive reinforcement, tailoring lessons specifically to you and your unique voice issues. I signed up for five lessons and will definitely be signing up for more. I wish I had done this a long time ago.