- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi there! My name is David Benedict and I'm a professional mandolinist here in Boston, MA, specializing in bluegrass, oldtime, Celtic, jazz, and classical music. I graduated from college in 2013 with a unique bachelors degree in mandolin music performance. While in school, I studied with Grammy-nominated mandolinist Matt Flinner as a core part of my curriculum. After school, I moved to Nashville and taught, toured, and recorded full time. While there, I recorded and released two albums of my own original music. Over the years, I've had the privilege of performing on stage with such artists as Flinner, Casey Driessen, Julian Lage, Mike Marshall, Missy Raines, David Grier, Darrell Scott, Tim O'Brien, and Tommy Emmanuel. I now live in Boston, playing full time with the bluegrass band Mile Twelve, and making weekly Mandolin Monday videos.
I now perform and record with the young, award winning, bluegrass band Mile Twelve, located in Boston, MA.
While in Nashville, I also taught private lessons as an in-house mandolin instructor for one of the premier vintage instrument shops in the country, Carter Vintage Guitars.
While living in Nashville, I toured and recorded full time with 8 time winner of the IBMA bass player of the year award, Missy Raines and her progressive acoustic band The New Hip.
IBMA is the trade association that connects and educates bluegrass professionals, empowers the bluegrass community, and encourages worldwide appreciation of bluegrass music of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
· Mandolin · In studio David is an amazing player and teacher! He understand the mandolin so well and is able to break things down for students of any level. I can't imagine a better instructor.
· Mandolin · Online David is an incredible musician and teacher. He cares deeply about the mandolin tradition, music, and his students. I'm incredibly happy to have worked with him.
· Mandolin · Online David Benedict is a fantastic teacher and a wonderful person. The depth of his knowledge knows no bounds. His enthusiasm for teaching is infectious! I look forward to every lesson and highly recommend him to anyone looking to deepen their skills.
· Mandolin · Online David is a great mandolin teacher! My daughter has been taking lessons with him for a few months now via Skype. We really like David's attention to detail in teaching the mandolin - and his instruction on things like timing, tone, practice habits, etc. He knows his stuff and is a really nice guy as well! I feel fortunate that we have the opportunity to learn from him.
· Mandolin · In studio David is a recent addition to Mile Twelve, our Boston-based bluegrass band. He's been nothing but a joy to work with on that project thus far, and I'm sure he's just as organized, supportive and hardworking in his teaching studio. I fully recommend David as a teacher!
· Mandolin · In studio I am a professional music teacher and recommended David as a substitute for an instructor role at a music camp that I couldn't attend. David was a huge hit and my students were thrilled with him. He was well prepared, with professional printed materials, and was kind and encouraging to his students. David is a class act and I recommend him with enthusiasm!
· Guitar · In studio David is an amazing musician and even more important he's incredibly easy and fun to work with. He's super patient and always encouraging, definitely recommend working with him!
· Mandolin · Online David is fantastic. He is well prepared each lesson, takes the time and energy to understand my habits and challenges as a player and gives great cues and advice for improving my play. I'm very grateful to have connected and tapped into his expertise.
· Mandolin · In studio David is such a knowledgeable musician and a great guy! I highly recommend him to students of any level.
· Mandolin · In studio David is a wonderful musician and teacher. We've been playing in a band together for the last year and he's a joy to work with! He is patient, encouraging, kind and consistent and I think all of those qualities make him a great teacher. Part of being in a band involves teaching each other new things regularly and whenever a band teaching opportunity comes up, David is always an extremely effective teacher. I've met many of his students who come to our shows, and they all have great things to say about David. He's made a big difference in a lot of his students lives and I would highly recommend him as a mandolin and guitar instructor.