- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Daniel Chi, and I am an audio engineer operating within the Inland Empire. I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in Audio Production, with a 4.0 GPA and Valedictorian honors, from the Art Institute of California - Inland Empire.
I have 2+ Years as a tutor and teacher's assistant for Bachelor and Associate level courses in audio production and algebra.
My talents are focused towards sound design, synthesis, and music production.
My home studio can be transported to the students' location if needed:
Licensed Software: Pro Tools 12, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 Suite, Max 7, Maschine 2.0, Reason 7, Komplete 11 Ultimate, Serum, Sylenth1, SoundToys Bundle 2, iZotope Netutron, Ozone 7, and RX5 Advanced.
Hardware: MacBookPro, Scarlett 6i6 Interface, KRK Rokit 5 Monitors, Korg's MS-20 and WaveStation SR Synthesizers, Ableton's Push 2, Native Instruments' Maschine Mk2, Akai's MAX49, H4n Condenser Mics, R144 Ribbon Mic, SM57 Dynamic Mic.
Maximized gain-before-feedback for live bands and theater productions. Operated Behringer X18 Mixer and Show Designer 2 lighting board. Rerouted patching from house’s console to personal console. Tracked live inputs through Logic Pro and Pro Tools. Organized house’s gear locker in accordance with owner’s preferences.
Educated and coached students in Associate and Bachelor level courses for Audio, Digital Film, Algebra, English, and Microsoft Office. Assisted professors with in-class instruction and lab activities. Maintained face-to-face coordination with faculty, staff, and students; delivered public presentations. Supervised and delegated the requirements of the Peer Tutor Program for Visual Arts tutors.
Identified and transported high-end microphones, instruments, and outboard gear. Customized studio signal flow for songwriters, and zeroed-out studio equipment for engineers. Line tested wall panels, configured jumpers in patch bays, tuned monitors and positioned them for precise stereo image, mounted and routed hardware (outboard, master clocks, HDX interfaces), and assembled Whisper Room vocal booths. Provided customer service to Billboard Hot 100 artists, engineers, producers, and studio managers. Performed background vocals for scratch tracks in songwriting sessions
· Audio Engineering · In studio I taught Daniel at the Art Institute and I have to say he is one of the most thoughtful and engaging students I've had in my classes. His dedication to tutoring greatly benefited the audio department as a whole and elevated the work of the entire student body. I knew when my students would go see Daniel for tutoring because they would come back to class with a better understanding of the subject matter and bring interesting new ideas to the class discussions. Highly recommended!!
· Audio Engineering · In studio Taught me everything I know about audio engineering! First rate teacher!
· Algebra · In studio Best tutors that we have at the Art Institute he is always willing to help he is never too busy I think that is one of the best tutors there at AI but
· Audio Engineering · Daniel Chi is one of the best teachers/students I have had the honor to work with. He tutored me in the time we attended school together at The Art Institute. He has helped me mix multiple projects from music to 5.1 surround sound as well as electronics and the program Max/msp. Great guy and outstanding teacher!
· Audio Engineering · In studio Awesome teacher.