- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Dan K. is a professional freelance upright and electric bassist and teacher. He hails from West Des Moines, Iowa, where in high school he performed with the Iowa All-State Orchestra and All-State Jazz Band. He arrived in Chicago in 2009 to attend DePaul University, where he studied with renowned Chicago bassists Rob Kassinger, Kelly Sill, and Jason Heath, as well as jazz faculty Bob Lark, Tom Matta, Ron Perillo, and Bradley Williams. Dan obtained his Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Studies in 2013.
Dan plays with a wide variety of bands from Fleeting Suns (folk rock) to Calamity Flamtet (jazz/funk/fusion) to the Dog Patch Ramblers (bluegrass/swing/Americana). He also appears occasionally with many other Chicago groups, including The Right Now and Jared Rabin. He has played many of Chicago’s finest venues including Millennium Park, Grant Park, The Jazz Showcase, House of Blues, Hard Rock Cafe, Cubby Bear, Schubas Tavern, Beat Kitchen, Reggies, Subterranean, Bottom Lounge, and many others, as well as performances all over the United States, Ireland, and England. He has also contributed to some half-dozen albums by various artists. For much of the year he keeps busy playing both on stage and in the orchestra pits of musical theater productions for companies such as Porchlight Music Theater, NightBlue Performing Arts Company, and The Royal George Theater.
He loves helping students to become the best musicians they can be, and tailors his teaching style and material to suit each individual.
Instructor for 4th-6th grade double bass students for summer strings program
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Dan is wonderful!
· Upright Bass · Online Realized Im just a beginner again. Hope I can get up to par soon!
· Bass Guitar · In studio He really shows patience, my first visit was great . I left learning how to read basic music (whole notes, half notes and quarter notes) I was able to play from a music book I had laying around for years. His loves for music shows thru his teaching. Looking forward to next lesson
· Piano · In home Learning things that I never knew about, such as complex cords, using the metronome on a consisted basis to keep the proper rythem.
· Piano · In home He was very good and explaining gthe lesson we practice on. He went over multiple times. Very patient good teacher
· Piano · In studio I've been trying to teach myself piano for 3-4 years with no success. Since working with Dan, I've made major strides in only a few months. I've been able to play some blues and jazz already. We go over theory to help me understand what I am playing and how it works. He's very patient, kind, and makes sure you enjoy lessons each week.
· Piano · In studio Dan is very friendly and made me feel very comfortable on my first piano class. Looking forward to more lessons from him.
· Piano · In home It's only been a few lessons, but so far Dan has been great
· Piano · In studio Dan is a great teacher. He is very patient and works very hard to help my daughter improve. She is 11 years old and was intermediate before starting with Dan and she is doing great so far. He is also super flexible when it comes to scheduling and I would recommend him to anybody
· Piano · In home Dan teaches our 6 year old son piano. Our son very much enjoys his lessons. Dan conducts himself in a professional and energetic manner that is well suited for young children. We would highly recommend him as a music teacher.