- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Winner of The Today Show "Today's Superstar" Television Series
Recording Artist / Producer / Writer / Television Talent/ Vocal Coach
Dan G captured the hearts of millions when Today Show viewers voted him “Today’s Superstar” in the highly rated television program’s Music Icon talent search series. Thousands of hopefuls audition and millions of viewers watched and voted weekly. This competition, created by American Idol Executive Producers, Warner Brother Records, and the Today Show launched Dan's career in television, radio, and the concert stage. He has released two albums and his hit single "More than Life" shot up to #12 on the Adult Contemporary Top 40.
Grammy Award winning producer and songwriter David Foster who has worked with Dan observes: "Dan can really sing. To the credit of the millions of people who voted, they picked a guy that really, really, can sing! He has a great sense of timing. He gets it. He has a great sense of delivery of the lyrics, and really seems to care about what he is saying in a song."
Dan has appeared on all major US broadcast networks and prominent cable channels. He's been interviewed on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood and Extra and has performed and been interviewed on the international talk show Christopher Close Up, which airs in 166 countries. He's been featured and performed for millions at the Kentucky Derby and the Christmas Tree Lighting at Rockefeller Center. He's performed the National Anthem for the New York Mets, the Knicks, and during national coverage of the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial observance. He has graced the stage at the Olympic Games in Atlanta as well as nationwide events for Coca-Cola and Walmart. He's been a celebrity guest on nationally syndicated radio shows like, "Delilah", “Your Weekend with Jim Brickman” and ABC radio. Dan's much more than a singer. He created, co-wrote, and co-produced a half-hour sitcom for Turner Network.
Dan's passion lies in using his talents and exposure to make a positive difference in the lives of others, especially children. That's why he founded YES YOU CAN!, a non-profit foundation created to inspire and empower kids through music.
Dan's been a guest speaker, host and presenter for many great causes, including the Teacher of the Year Awards, Camp Fire USA and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Born in New York City, Dan was raised in Indiana as the youngest of five siblings. He attributes his strong work ethic and passion to his supportive family. Dan's love of singing began in the Mennonite Church, where four-part harmony was a staple. Having always known that he wanted to be a performer, Dan began preparing early in his childhood studying music through his college years. His classical training left him with a repertoire that includes singing fluently in Italian and Spanish as well as English.
Dan is enjoying his journey. He continues to perform and teach. He's working on new music and he's heavily involved with his foundation.
Dan is offering private voice and vocal performance lessons. He is now accepting new students.
My name is Dan G, and I have over 22 years of experience in teaching, performing and studying voice. I was a voice major in college, and I teach all styles, all levels, and all ages. I have studied, performed and recorded classical, pop, jazz, rhythm and blues, classic rock, country, folk, christian and other genres. I have performed for millions of viewers on television (11 times on NBC's Today show), radio, theater, and the stage. I've worked and recorded with many music producers including, David Foster and Jim Brickman. If you are interested in private professional voice lessons to grow as a musician, to become a better performer, for fun or because singing is just something you enjoy, please come see me. I look forward to working with you.
Voice and Performance teacher for 22 years.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Vocal Training · In home Dan is really great for a total beginner, such as myself. I progressed a ton in just five lessons. Highly recommend him.
· Vocal Training · In studio First lesson! Teacher was methodological: identified goals, assessed my voice, layed out a plan, and gave me homework with clear instructions. This is the way I like to work!
· Singing · In studio A great, pacient teacher. I've really enjoyed working with him.
· Singing · In studio I've been taking lessons with Dan for about a month and a half now and I gotta say, I don't think you'll find a better vocal teacher. He is very knowledgeable about how the voice works and has many years of coaching experience. He is great at giving direction and knows how to adjust to your learning style. He also takes notes throughout the lesson to track your progress, which I think helps a lot. Having started with pretty much zero vocal ability, I've definitely seen significant improvement in my voice. I highly recommend him to anyone who is thinking of taking singing lessons!
· Vocal Training · Online Dan is a great instructor and through his positive outlook, he leads you down the path to find your voice, I am very excited to continue this journey with him!
· Vocal Training · In studio The first thing that struck us is how nice a person he is. Very kind, patient , friendly and obviously talented. He works with my 9 year old. We have been taking lessons from him for about a year and half now. Although he is our only teacher, we have been very happy with him and never felt the need to look further. He has the natural ability to work with children, encouraging them to have the self confidence. My daughter's confidence has improved by leaps and bounds. He recognizes area of improvement and works very hard to get push her to be better than she thinks she can be. I drive an hour for our lesson and I will continue to do so without second thoughts. He is truly an amazing person. highly recommend!!!
· Singing · In studio Dan is a great teacher and definitely a strong choice to consider if you're thinking about starting vocal lessons. With my busy schedule he has given me flexibility and has allowed me to learn at my own pace. He is also very talented at adapting to your learning style and listening to what you'd like to get out of singing. This is honest feedback from personal experience working with Dan and I suggest giving him a try.
· Vocal Training · In studio Dan is an excellent teacher and a great guy. I've been working with him for about two months now and have seen noted improvements to both my vocal performance and songwriting. He is willing to work with you and help you learn in a way that is most conducive to your own style - for me, we work equally on vocal exercises and performance. Dan has helped me work on pitch, breath, vocal emotion, volume, and overall technique - highly recommended.
· Vocal Training · In studio Dan is a really fantastic teacher. He focused on getting me ready for a performance and was really great at covering not only the technique but the style of my singing. I definitely recommend Dan!
· Classical Voice · In studio I had an excellent experience! I feel like I'm really finding my voice! I can't reccamend Dan enough.