- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Collin. I have been teaching private lessons since 2013 and have helped young students learn to read music and to sing and play simultaneously. I have also taught accomplished musicians to play electric bass, my primary instrument.
I earned my Bachelor of Music degree in Professional Music with a concentrate in Music Education and Performance at Berklee College of Music in 2014. I currently play in rock bands Ellen Siberian Tiger and Mother Moses, and with Boston-based Bangla pop singer Prithwiraj Choudhury.
I have had experience playing a wide variety of styles of music including rock, folk, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, jazz, funk, blues, and R&B. I teach beginner level piano, trombone and drums, beginner to intermediate guitar, vocals and upright bass, and all levels of electric bass playing. I like to connect my students so that they have experience playing with other musicians and other styles of music.
Plays bass for Audra Lynn Mclaughlin, country singer and Top 6 Finalist on Season 6 of NBC's "The Voice".
I teach private lessons for bass, guitar, drums, piano, and voice for all ages.
I taught a music class in an after-school program to students ages 14-16.
· Piano · In studio I just had my first lesson with Collin for piano; he was friendly, engaging, knowledgeable, and patient.
· Music Theory · In home Collin helped me with piano theory very much. He was very involved and awnsered my questions well. He knew what he was teaching and it was apparent he has a large background of knowledge in his subject field. Very good teacher. Would recommend to a friend or anyone looking for quality music lessons.
· Bass Guitar · In home Collin was actually an employee of my music studio before he moved to Philadelphia. He is an extremely knowledgable and talented bass player, well versed in all aspects of contemporary music including blues and especially jazz. He is also a consummate music theory instructor and is able to teach voice, piano, guitar, and trombone very capably. With his calm, gentle demeanor, Collin is able to put any student of any age at ease and help them to do their musical best! He is well organized and tailors an individual program for every student, being sure to include their musical interests, and then helping them to expand their musical world, I highly recommend him as a teacher!
· Singing · In studio Collin has help me immensely by teaching me to be a more confident singer and has helped me in many different genres, traversing from both musical theater to punk music. He's even began give me dual singing/guitar lessons and I'd say he's tremendous at teaching both. He has a very-laid back and friendly demeanor and he's very flexible about his hours too which has made it easier if something needs to be pushed back or moved. I would definitely recommend Collin if you're looking for a singing or guitar teacher or both!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Collin is a fantastic musician who has helped me with learning the bass. I had no idea where to begin but after signing up for lessons with him, I quickly realized he was a great fit for me and my goals. Collin's musical experience and overall enthusiastic demeanor make him a great teacher and I can't wait for more lessons. Highly recommended!!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Collin is an amazing teacher! I started taking lessons with him on the electric bass - I was a beginner on the instrument, but I had lots of previous musical knowledge. Collin was incredibly patient with me from the get go, and had a lot of insight as to what tunes would be good for me to start with and what exercises and scales would suit my specific level of learning. He was patient and kind with me, and went at exactly the pace that I needed him to. Whenever I was struggling with a scale or bass line, he would immediately notice, slow down, and show me note for note what I was supposed to play. Conversely, whenever I was learning quickly and with ease, he would react accordingly and speed up the information a bit or move on to more difficult tasks. Collin a very skilled musician himself which makes it all the more inspiring to take lessons from him. He makes every lesson fun and informative. After each lesson, I felt pumped to practice and play during the week between our lessons. Collin is an incredible guy and a wonderful instructor - highly recommended!!!