I started playing guitar when I was 14 years old, and I continued to pursue music as a serious profession when I attended McLennan College for Commercial Songwriting. Now I am currently teaching guitar and basic drums for a music school, while also performing in a live Top 40 cover band. I consider myself a serious songwriter as well, and I have been writing and recording my own tracks for 8 years.
I encourage my students to bring in music they are interested in learning because learning how to play guitar or drums is more than just theory and techniques. Music is meant to be fun! I also personalize each lesson for every student based on what they are looking to learn and improve. Every student learns at a different pace and there is no rush to get where they want to be -- patience is just as important as practice.
Instruct beginner to intermediate guitar and beginner drum lessons in a one-on-one setting. Student age levels range from 5 years to 85 years old, so nobody is too young or too old to begin!
Instructed private guitar lessons at beginner and intermediate levels covering chords and fretting techniques to introduction to jazz theory and modes.
Established in 1948, the Audio Engineering Society, Inc. (AES) draws its membership from amongst engineers, scientists, other individuals with an interest or involvement in the professional audio industry. The membership largely comprises engineers developing devices or products for audio, and persons working in audio content production. It also includes acousticians, audiologists, academics, and those in other disciplines related to audio. The AES is the only world-wide professional society devoted exclusively to audio technology.
· Bass Guitar · In studio I can't imagine how it could have gone any better. Clay is a gifted teacher who quickly understands how to adapt the instruction to the student.
You can tell when it has been productive and engaging when 45 minutes seems like 10. Can't wait for the next one...
· Guitar · In home Mr clay has been a great teacher. Considering this was my first lesson, he was very comforting and knowledgeable. He was vey patient and guided me step by step.Great teacher overall.
· Guitar · In studio I liked clay very much in term of being patient answering questions a beginner will have, Excited to have found a good teacher. Thanks to take lessons!
· Guitar · In studio Clay is an excellent instructor with a lot of patience and excellent music knowledge. He knows how to transmit his knowledge of the guitar and my son is very happy and motivated with his class. We recommend him and we think his class is really good.
· Guitar · In studio Mr.Clay is very nice and talented. When I'm having trouble learning a song, he works with me very comfortably till I learn the song. He is the best guitar teacher ever!
· Guitar · In studio Clay is an awesome guitar teacher. My kids really enjoy talking classes from him.
· Guitar · In studio Clay is a very great teacher.My 9 yrs old son is taking guitar lessons. He loves going to guitar class every week .One of the best teacher my kid has ever got.
· Guitar · In home Clay was very professional. He was patient took time to get to know some music my daughter likes and was able to teach my daughter the beginnings of some of her favorite songs. She has been playing since he left. She is excited to have another lesson next week.
· Guitar · In studio Very knowledgeable of the guitar instruments, chords and notes. Friendly and display patience at all time. He knows how to encourage you to continue practicing. Clay really shows the desire for you to learn how to play guitar.
I highly recommend Clay as a guitar teacher.
· Guitar · In studio Clay is a great teacher, patient, responsible and skillful. He has a nice personality and I felt very relaxed when we were working together. Strongly recommended.